Trying Monzo again

Just put some money in and using Monzo again today as of the chip and pin issues on starling. Going well today using it.

8 Likes

Chip and PIN issues? Was it widespread as there’s nothing either on the status page or forum.

Also no warning within the app or notifications.

…or am I missing something?

Ah, I found it: https://community.starlingbank.com/t/incorrect-incorrect-pin-at-tesco-pay-pump/6161

4 Likes

Looks like Starling were sending the wrong responses to the Chip and PIN machines which were stating a valid PIN was invalid. Someone earlier in the thread it was possibly with non-contactless terminals.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your patience on this one, we have been looking into it. Good news, we can confirm that the issue is now fixed. We identified that there was a problem with the messages which were being sent to customers’ cards when they were trying to make chip and pin transactions, which was causing the responses to suggest an incorrect pin had been entered. We are really sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused!

Going forward, chip and pin transactions should now work as usual. If you continue to have problems please visit an ATM and either complete a balance enquiry, cash withdrawal, PIN unblock or PIN reset.

If you’re currently abroad you will need to go to an ATM and complete any of the activities above.

As always if you have any specific questions, please let us know or contact us via an in-app message. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome!

2 Likes

Business as usual then.

7 Likes

Welcome back to Monzo! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome back! :grinning:

Have you been following the classic Doctor Who marathon on Twitch? (Had to ask, since I saw your username!)

It’s been epic :grinning:

4 Likes

@simonb no I haven’t but I am looking forward to the new dr who series starting.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.