Trustpilot Reviews

Where is the UK, then? Last I checked we are in Europe (and will continue to be in Europe for a few more million years …)

1 Like

Look at the rest of the reviews that person left, they have said the same thing on a few other companies as well!

I’m not sure what you mean as the UK will always be in Europe?

However I think the poster on Trust Pilot was referring to mainland Europe.

All in all, none of this gives you any confidence that Trust Pilot can be relied upon.

2 Likes

Coincidence that they all like each others comments? It is pretty much the same all the way through likes wise.

Also :eyes: :upside_down_face:

it is basic geography, unless a huge crack splits the continent and we drift off into the Atlantic!

3 Likes

not surprised to see Adam Hockley among those Likes!

1 Like

Nor me, you should see some of his reviews!

1 Like

You will find most of the negative reviews are people who cannot speak english properly. Don’t know why

3 Likes

It might be a nice place to rant but I never check Trustpilot before buying something.

1 Like

Seems like there might be a correlation between people getting their accounts frozen under AML and English literacy… :joy:

1 Like

He’s jealous because his Preepay Card didn’t take off. :joy:

4 Likes

You should see what is going on now :joy_cat:

1 Like

I tend not to believe glowing 5 star reviews either.

3 Likes

Depends on the business. You have to see how the overall rating compares to the average in the industry.

For some industries where most ratings are good, a 5-star one is most likely legit.

For other industries, especially contentious ones like banking, or downright scammy like telecoms, 5-star ratings are outliers and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

On Amazon, I tend to filter for 4+ star rating and differentiate/select products that have 5 stars. But then again, TrustPilot is an entirely different animal to Amazon reviews it seems.

Amazon is a minefield of paid reviews giving 4-5 stars to rubbish and disgruntled customers giving 1 star for the delivery being slow. I don’t take any notice of it any more.

Last review I put up, which was a fair ‘this was cheap, don’t expect miracles but it does its job’ the company offered to send me the more expensive model free if I changed my review to 5 stars!

3 Likes

Change the review, get the more expensive item free and then change it back and mention that they attempted to bribe you (with screenshots of their email)? :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t bother reading reviews as I’d rather find out for myself if a product is shiz or not.

Doesn’t cost me anything when it can be returned so who cares.

1 Like

Amazon reviews have served me well I must say. I’d pretty sure I’d have been worse off had I not followed my method of factoring in review scores and the review testimonies. It’s a “minefied” of useful info if you’re able to use discernment.

2 Likes