Trustpilot Reviews

…feels more likely ?

2 Likes

It’s likely these people. One fintech is paying them the ‘protection money’ and the others are not, so one has good fake reviews and the rest have bad ones.

The Cambridge analytica of fintech?

7 Likes

A picture begins to emerge…

Any investigative journos willing to pick this up?

1 Like

I’d love to know who the company was

Maybe this organisation is leaving the bad reviews because Monzo weren’t prepared to pay for good reviews? They might be wanting a payment to reverse the damage they caused.

1 Like

I never trust anybody who can’t tell the difference between there and their :wink:

3 Likes

Could give them the benefit of the doubt and blame auto correction? :flushed:

That thread is scary. They pretty much threatened him after he refused! He should name and shame the company tbh :sleepy:

4 Likes

Luckily, the Financial Ombudsman publishes lists of the financial companies who are complained about. The last 6 months returns are due in July!

2 Likes

The language on most of these posts makes me think English is not their first language, probably some outsource centre/blackmail startup abroad - I wonder if they crowdfunded?

Pitch: we blackmail companies to pay us for good reviews, otherwise we label them FRODSTERS!

3 Likes

The way they spell fraudsters and all the other stupid mistakes always makes me think of one person that used to be on here :eyes:

Hot Carol anyone? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ooh … do I know them?

Did I miss an episode? Screenshots please :joy::joy:

I think if you’re a bank on TrustPilot, you’re going to just be attacked by fraudsters constantly. It’s a huge huge market, and when these scum of the earth don’t get their way, they hide behind their keyboards to vent their fury.

Lloyds - 2 score of of 10, rated BAD and with comments such as:

• Llyods bank are just crooks, and there customer service is the worst i have ever dealt with, your money isnt even safe with them
  • Omg stay d freak away… Sent me pin and card and closed after one week… Utter bullocks of a bank…
  • I have tried to contact them regarding a dubious transaction.Been on the phone and placed on hold.I think i will contact the financial ombudsman service to complain about lloyds.lousy customer service.

Barclays - 1.4 score out of 10, rated BAD and with comments such as:

• Bank steals your money and not sends it to the 3party transfer and expects you waste 45 mins landline and pay for costs and 100mins on your mobile what a joke bank dont go their!
  • THEY LOST MY MONEY. Had to wait an hour and still the problem wasn’t solved. Wouldn’t recommend at all. Worst bank
  • Opened an account for them to close it with no explanation other than ‘ they didnt want me as a customer’

It does seem however that there are plenty of horrendous reviews just for customer service for both of these banks, and other banks such as RBS coming off particularly badly in this regard. RBS (1.1) and HSBC (1.7) also score an average of BAD.

Does that make Monzo 3 times better at 6.2 and AVERAGE? Not a bad start… :joy:

12 Likes

Honestly surprised HSBC rated higher than Barclays and RBC :joy: their customer service in Europe is so poor compared to Asia

Maybe banks need their own scale, 0-1 is bad, 1-2 is alright and anything above is absolutely amazing

5 Likes

TSB at 0.8 :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair if you squint a bit you can see some of these may be genuine, just misrepresented. Banks not wanting people as customers is a thing if they have bad debt, CCJs, etc.

Of course the thing about threats to contact the ombudsman is you can’t successfully raise a complaint until you’ve exhausted the complaints procedure of the utility that you’re complaining about. It’s a cheaper alternative to court action, not the first resort if you’re put on hold tor too long. So there’s very little chance any of these people have done that.

4 Likes

It looks like Monzo are starting to reply to comments on there now.

There is a ridiculous one where someone left a low score because Monzo isn’t available in Europe! Surely that should be removed as how can you review something if you can’t access it in your country :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

That’s also wrong. Monzo is very much available in Europe!

1 Like

That I’m not sure about as by the looks of it Monzo relied with the below:

“Hi there! Right now we’re just offering current accounts for people in the UK, but we’ll let everyone know if that changes!”

Anyway, this distribution of ratings tells you all you need to know:

You can’t trust either the 1 star or the 5 star reviews if you get a distribution like this!

1 Like