Transferred money and closed account before transfer was confirmed

It shows the transaction with clock icon again it

But you don’t close your hsbc account straight after it tho. That’s the issue.

1 Like

Good point

You can send me it if it’s only spare change to you :eyes:

2 Likes

Did your monzo have active direct debits?

The switch service also insures that the funds of an account will safely be transferred too imo.

1 Like

How long have you had your Monzo account?

No - the joint account was just used for savings, no payments by direct debits

Some was transfered to monzo personal account (which is cleared), some to virgin money.

I’d just sit back and await Monzo to get back to you. Granted it’s going to be annoying waiting, especially if you need it.

I hope it doesn’t take too long :ok_hand:

2 Likes

So it was a joint account you closed or the personal since to have a joint account you need a personal and if you close your personal I think your joint will get closed very quickly too

It’s not a new account if that the point you are making

Only the joint account was closed.

Prior to closure

• £4000 to virgin money
  • £££ to monzo personal account

The transfer to my monzo personal ccount is cleared and available

I’m not trying to make any point. I think you’re wasting your time talking about it here on the community because there’s honestly nothing anyone can do to help you.

I think you just need to accept this is going to take some time to Monzo to investigate, figure out where the money is gone and arrange to get it back to you

I’m just replying to ongoing questions, thats all, and was hoping to come across someone who had a similar experience.

I’m not expecting it to be resolved here and from what has been said fully expect it will take time to resolve.

1 Like

Thanks Dave

1 Like

2 Likes

Virgin Money do this to basically all my transactions (including internal transfer and outgoing payments) and typically it goes away in 2 (working?) days. This happens even for transfers out which are instantly received by the recipient :sweat_smile: so I’m not even sure it means anything for Faster Payments.

2 Likes

Virgin Money were useless when I called them. Said they have no record of the transfer even though I could see it was showing as pending in my VM app yesterday.

Told me to speak with Monzo, and also to recheck the VM app on Monday to see if its showing then.

The more I have read about Virgin Money, the more I’m sure thay the issue lies with them.

@ysconhb huge amounts

Edit…. Now I’m leaving :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s input.

To conclude this - Monzo have now confirmed that payment was accepted by Virgin Money and have provided me with the transaction reference number.

I will pick this up with Virgin Money.

4 Likes

Please can you come back and let us know the outcome purely for our curiosity.

I wonder if virgin could tell the sending account was closed? Seems unlikely though.

2 Likes