Transfer Whatsapp from Android to iOS?

So, I got my new 12 Pro max yesterday and I like it so far (I’ve had iPhones before) the workaround of using an old Whatsapp version on Android to export the data (unencrypted) no longer works as it’s EOL as of 29th August 2020 - Is there any workaround for this to get my Whatsapp data or will I have to keep my Android phone to refer back to old convocation’s?

I tried it six months ago. I tried many different solutions but the end answer is: you can’t do it.

You can’t transfer your chats from iOS to Android or the other way round.

2 Likes

Damn, I thought there may have been a workaround. thanks for the info

2 Likes

My little brother just used this. It costs money but confirm (via him) it does work. I think they have a windows version too!

1 Like

I tried that, it installed an earlier version of WhatsApp for the backup that expired on the 29th august. I may give it another shot though.

Might just wait for WhatsApp to incorporate the linked devices they are working on, should be able to link my iOS device to my old android WhatsApp hopefully, though knowing them it’ll be limited to linked devices only within the same ecosystem

2 Likes

Fair enough - no idea how it works! Just thought I would mention it as I got a report of success.
In time surely it should become platform agnostic. It seems an odd restriction based on where we are with technology!

1 Like

WhatsApp is apparently introducing a feature where you can sign in on multiple devices. Hopefully that can cross platform

If it helps I can confirm this https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com/ works 100%.

A friend did it recently but basic steps are:

1. Turn off back up on Android
  2. Backup WhatsApp using MobileTrans
  3. Activate WhatsApp on new device
  4. Restore backup into iPhone using MobileTrans

Cancel recurring annual subscription they cheekily require you to sign up for

1 Like

Due to the end to end encryption they don’t store messages on their servers long term (something like 30 days or something for text, less for media) so not sure how this would help when trying to transfer your whole history to a device not used before?
It hopefully means that it will replace the sometimes flaky WhatsApp web option for using multiple devices though that relies on the main device being online at all times!

Edit: Looks like when you setup a new device it copies chat history from the main device and then from that point it is sent to all devices so always synced. The bottom has a point which iOS and Android cross platform not being confirmed as covered. But they are hopeful it will be included.

2 Likes