Trading 212 (T212)

Thanks. I’ve got an account with both but have everything in T212.

I’ll probably wait a while until Freetrade has developed a bit more and then make a decision on which to keep…

No coincidence they’re broadcasting this ahead of Freetrade’s incoming Crowdcube fundraise, but nonetheless these numbers are impressive/unsurprising:

Serious update incoming :eyes:

Looks powerful :pie:

It looks very good indeed and blows Freetrade out of the water.

2 Likes

Business model update:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Shame they aren’t bringin shorts in though :frowning:

That is completely untrue and to do so would be illegal. In fact using a limit order with T212 means you quite often buy on the bid. The only “larger spread” is applied on CFDs not equities.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t this be in the referrals topic?

1 Like

From what I have read in most places the spread is larger so it can’t be illegal.

Just a quick search will show you this as below. First stock I looked for and as you can see the price on T212 is higher.

I’m not saying it’s bad though as it’s still massively cheaper than paying commissions on a trade unless you are gonna drop thousands of £ a day on trades.

That will be down to different data feed providers. Those are indicative prices and are not guaranteed.

Under Mifid II they cannot add to the spread and must comply with a best execution policy. It is illegal to add to the spread and neither T212 or Freetrade do it.

Edit: I think the sites you have screenshot display the last traded price whereas T212 display the “ask” or buy price.

5 Likes

T212 don’t change the spread on Invest/ISA. That price is only to give an indication of roughly what it will be at that point. It doesn’t mean that another provider using a different data feed will get you a better price. Most feeds aren’t live either so its what it was 15mins ago etc, T212 is live

Wow, this auto invest looks amazing.

Surprised how far ahead they are on Freetrade.

1 Like

Agreed. It looks fantastic especially the re-balancing function. I invest in a global equity ETF, corporate bonds and some gold. But for those that invest in loads of different individual shares it will make things so much easier.

It really does :eyes:

1 Like

@N26throwaway also forgot they have their own thread here with good info. One more update today:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that (and the other link)! I’ve had a chance to properly read through them now, and I sort of get the gist. T212 seem very confident in their business plan and route to profitability and sustainability.

While I couldn’t find anything concrete to say that their investment platform is self sufficient by itself yet, it was certainly on track to be as of June, and all things being equal, eventually will be if it isn’t already. I’ve also reached out to them directly to get some clarity on this to see how things stand right now.

Level 2 marketing data is also the kind of thing I would expect for a premium offering. As I said on the Freetrade trade, their offering is just downright lazy, and had nothing that is worth paying for. You see this a lot with fintechs though. Once they’ve done all the hard stuff of building their actual base product, it’s almost as if they forget how to innovate and build groundbreaking new tools that are actually worth paying for.

1 Like

I feel this about Monzo it’s like it died in 2018.

Just another bank, nothing special, all the people that made it what is was have gone.

Now left to just drift along and hope it can survive.

1 Like

Hi, I was wondering if I could post my Trading212 referral link on the wiki? I tried putting it there but there’s no option to edit it.

You need to be a bit more active on the forum before you can edit the wiki, I think.

Welcome, by the way!