Total Spent Per Day 3

I’ve had my card for about a month now and I’m loving it and also loving the app features too.

One thing I personally would quite like is an overall total for each day, not just the current days spend.

Although I’m sure it would terrify me, it would be useful to see what days are more expensive for me!

You can get hold of this figure using the search function, in the Home tab.

Just tap the :mag: icon, to the right of Today & select :calendar: last month. The total’s displayed at the bottom of the screen, once you’ve hit search :muscle:

On this point - I have an issue/suggestion which has perhaps been raised before but…

Basically, the fact that Monzo considers everything to be from 1st of the month is out of sync with when I get paid (and I am sure I cant be the only one).

I get paid on 27th of the month (actually the closest working day but that doesn’t matter) which means that all my budgeting is calculated from the 27th of one month to the 26th of the next.

In the current implementation it would be good if at least there was an option to see how much you have spent from a specific date (i.e. the 27th) or even better - between two specified dates which could then be used instead of the default ‘Last month’ search.

Further out - once budgeting is implemented being able to specify a specific start date to align with when your regular funds hit your account will be essential I believe.

Not sure if I have articulated my point very clearly but I hope the essence is clear enough.

Cheers

2 Likes

Out of interest, what stops you from aligning your budgeting with the calendar month? We get paid towards the end of the previous month but then I just top up with my month’s Monzo budget on the 1st of the month and do a calendar month budget (sure I’m missing something! :slight_smile: )

I guess currently I could do that but everything is driven from my pay date with my main bank e,g, all my direct debits (mortgage, gym etc) are all dated to come out two days after my pay day so that once these all clear I then know that what is left is mine.

So I’m thinking ahead once Mondo accepts direct debits etc then aligning with a salary month rather than a calendar month makes more sense for most people.

I’ve just had a look at this, and it still doesn’t show daily totals, only the itemised spending for the days in the time period selected?

Is it the totals outlined in red that you’re looking for or have I misunderstood?

Edit

Apologies, I’ve just re-read your posts and seen that it’s the total amount spent for each day that you want, rather than the total for a timeframe like a week, month etc.

As far I’m aware, it’s not possible to get that daily breakdown in the app so you’d have to download the data (search for your transactions > export icon, in bottom right of screen > CSV file format) & analyse the amounts in Excel or some other spreadsheet tool.

There might be some changes to the display / functionality for transactions when the targets / goals functionality is released, as this be a redesign of the Spending tab…

Edit 2

My guess is you’re a new user & you don’t have the Pulse graph yet which looks like the graph in this screenshot

it gives you a much better sense of which days were expensive because you see the bigger dips in your balance on those days.

I agree this would be very useful, my financial month runs from the 25th of the month so this feature would be great for me to see my spending as aligned with my wages.

@Melvina @Trash the good news is the head of design’s working on this, here’s his thoughts

Hi,

Both of these are good features and the second one does highlight my spending for specific days. But I more meant a final total for each day on the main home page where the itemised spending is listed so that you can quickly glance at a day and see how much was spent.

Maybe it will be something that is implemented…

1 Like

Here’s why that figure’s not displayed in the feed -

Continued here Total Spent Per Day 1