👀👀👀👀 [Pay from pots with virtual cards]

I agree with this.
Premium would be an absolute waste for me because my wife and I are both exempt from the insurance options.
I’d hate to miss out on software features because of our health.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t be missing it because of your health. You can still upgrade to Premium can’t you? The insurance just isn’t valid?

You just have to decide if what you can use is worth the cost, no different to anyone else.

Because everyone is eligible for plus. Not everyone is eligible for premium.

Nope. This is why N26 had to refund everyone’s Metal subscriptions. It seems if you’re not eligible for the insurance, they can’t sell you the product it’s bundled with.

8 Likes

Ahh that’s totally different then!

1 Like

Ah, didn’t know that, that’s different then. But why is it that insurance products are opt-in so you can choose not to get cover, but if you can’t get cover then you can’t get the product either?

At least with Amex all insurance is opt in

1 Like

That would be a good solution, I suppose. The caveat is, without the insurance, There’s little reason to be paying £15, and a few extra virtual cards aren’t going to make that any more enticing.

Premium is something you’re going to get if you need the insurance, and I’d prefer Monzo’s approach to remain that way. Perhaps there’s room for a third option in between the two at £10 if Monzo wanted to entice folks to pay even more for even better features, only without the insurance products.

As it stands though, my mum is too old for Premium, so Monzo won’t let her upgrade. If I was her age, I’d be peeved if the better features were locked behind an age-restricted offering. An opt-in approach a la Amex would fix that to some degree.

5 Likes

Do we think this will drop this week?

If industry sources are to be believed (AKA probably maybe definitely maybe probably not @Dan5), yes. Maybe.

8 Likes

:eyes:

11 Likes

So tomorrow then?

Thanks for the info

7 Likes

Haha that was exactly how I read it :rofl:

3 Likes

I actually have no idea 🤷

5 Likes

Of course you don’t :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Really, they don’t tell me anything anymore :joy::rofl:

7 Likes

Don’t tell us that because we believe every emoji you type :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Can you blame them?

Loose… emojis… sink ships and all that.

5 Likes

:ship: :soon:

7 Likes

I feel like @Dan5 is to Monzo as Tom Holland is to Marvel Spoilers this week…

7 Likes

Just this week?

continues looking for a titanic emoji

4 Likes

14 Likes