šŸ“° Tom Blomfield explains how he built a modern-day bank - Stripe Atlas

This interview is more aimed at entrepreneurs than developers - it isnā€™t as ā€˜techyā€™ as I was expecting :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Iā€™ve never known Tom to speak American. In this he talks about ā€œchecking accountsā€ and trying Monzo out with ā€œ50 bucksā€.

This feels like hints and clues, or could just be he feels he is talking to an American audience so should speak like them, like Steve McLaren to the Dutch :laughing:

7 Likes

Iā€™m guessing he spends a fair bit of time in San Francisco talking to investors so maybe heā€™s going native :us::us::us:

8 Likes

Or it could just be the writer/editor localizing itā€¦
(sorry to pop the bubble)

4 Likes

One way to find out! @tom why you speaking American in this interview? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Having worked at publications like this, it was so painful as someone who was taught the Queenā€™s English to use American :scream: But it does depend on the guidelines.

3 Likes

Haha - I spend quite a lot of time in the US with investors, potential hires and regulators at the moment, so Iā€™ve had to adjust my language. The Stripe interview was for a (primarily) US audience, so felt like I had to speak American :wink:

17 Likes

With the American love of a ā€˜properā€™ British accent Iā€™m sure it was/would be very popular in vocal form.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.