Timeline to buy Shares

Overdraft :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Even if it was true i don’t see why they would help someone with money to get a house and someone that has been with them from the start and is struggling they just flick them off.
Im wondering on the reason people gave to get consent

I have no idea the reasons. I will admit getting out of your overdraft (as listed above) does seem like a valid reason to me but obviously can’t say

1 Like

The pattern I’m seeing is that a house purchase and failed business venture (also mentioned earlier) are large amounts.

A Monzo overdraft is less than £1,000 so could be classed as more of a short term debt?

All just speculation of course.

1 Like

Even a house purchase could be classed as marginal. While many are now priced out of the market I don’t think I could quite bring myself to classify buying a house as ‘exceptional circumstances’.

A failed business or a death would be more what I imagine as exceptional.

1 Like

Not sub £1k surely but I agree with the rest of your argument :slight_smile:

Perhaps a house purchase could be exceptional if you’re being kicked out of your rental again and need some stability for your family? or there are no other rentals available in your price range / area?

I am inferring from this thread that Monzo isn’t keen on the retail buying and selling of shares. I can see why given the overhead involved in transfer of ownership.

Hmm. Fair comment, I was considering straightforward reasons only.

1 Like

I am wanting to buy some if anyone is selling. Missed out on all the Crowdfunding rounds despite being registered and everything prior to it going live. Disappointed not to have been selected to invest.

See: Monzo Shares for sale Wiki

Incidentally the last one didn’t require being picked, just present.

1 Like

Does anyone have any info as to when the next board meeting is? I have been waiting for a month to get an decision on my request to sell shares.

I’d be interested in purchasing these if possible

If you read 2 comments up there’s a link to a topic full of pre-approved sellers :slight_smile:

I’m trying to locate fresh comments on the wiki but it seems they are all from months ago.

Am I doing something wrong? Lol

You can’t comment on it because it’s locked. It’s a WIKI which means people just edit the first post and add to that :slight_smile:

Right okay! Do I have to message seller directly if I am interested?

1 Like

Yep, just click their name and then the blue ‘message’ button :slight_smile:

Legend! Thank you!

1 Like

I have been waiting for over a month also, I have emailed Rebecca and Hollie but just get told that they have not heard back from monzo.

I never expected to be able to sell privately but as they allow exceptions I thought I would ask. I would prefer it if they just said exceptional circumstances no longer accepted to be honest - rather than leaving people hanging.