The Word Millennial

I know :wink:, got friends in London trying to buy a 1 bed flat for 450k, where as in Edinburgh… my 2 bed is up for about half that.

As for castles for 300k? Actual castle or spacious house?

Castles tend cost less than you think to buy because they cost more than you think to run.

2 Likes

Here she is, Eve:

She’s a buyer too.

1 Like

Split this thread to keep all the millennial rants in one place :slightly_smiling_face:

And now it looks like I have such a hatred of that word that I started a thread about it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

I’m a Gen Y living a millennial lifestyle. Such identity crisis. cries in to avocado toast

1 Like

Oops :joy:

For context this chatter was split out of another thread… where the article kept using the world Millennial

1 Like

I forgive you :joy:

1 Like

Edit for context? #doitforthecontext

Nah, that’s work and this thread will be forgotten by tomorrow :grin:

2 Likes

So I am generation x according to your Wikipedia thing. But I am 37 and apprantley a millennial don’t feel like one. I am certainly not middle aged.

After rent, heating, electricity, groceries, internet, mobile phone and public transport costs, I am left with a bit over £1,000 each month. Of that, I save about £100 every month. The rest goes on, mostly, coffee, food, alcohol and travel.

Pass me the tiny violin!

6 Likes

Anyone want a holiday ?

3 Likes

FIFY :smiley:

Cheapest castle I found last night… was 130k and for a good reason…

It was a ruin.

2 Likes

Living up to the word today, bought some avocados on the way to work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

living that high roller lifestyle… :wink:

2 Likes

The irony is that article is in the Indy, a paper so dumbed down I’m surprised it isn’t just one great big Instagram feed by now.

3 Likes

Has anyone mentioned avocados yet? I was eating them regularly in the 80s.

I also took a selfie back in '99.

1 Like

Just so people are clear, the term Millennial is the new word for Generation Y. I never knew I was a millennial until I researched the word :cry: . If you were born in the early 1980’s you can choose Generation X or Y (so whether to be a millennial or not) as there is no precise cut off year.

Google defines it as:

a person reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.

Wikipedia defines it as:

Millennials, also known as Generation Y or Gen Y , are the generational demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

The other Generations for reference according to Wikipedia:

Generation X or Gen X is the demographic cohort following the baby boomers and preceding the Millennials. There are no precise dates for when Generation X starts or ends. Demographers and researchers typically use birth years ranging from the early-to-mid 1960s to the early 1980s.

Generation Z or Gen Z (also known as the iGeneration, Homeland Generation, Centennials, Generation Sensible, and Post-Millennials) is the demographic cohort after the Millennials (Generation Y). […] There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends, but demographers and researchers typically use the mid-1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years. At the present time, there is little consensus regarding ending birth years.