The wallet/bag discussion

Have ordered Apple wallet in black, good price, it’s my Christmas present form my wife, get the shopping started early.

2 Likes

The Bellroy Sleeve :heart: Β£49.99

The Akielo from Amazon Β£12.99

The Bellroy is a lot less bulky and much easier to get the card out from the front.

Wouldn’t discount the Akielo but there’s a major quality difference and as I’ve not had a wallet in some years now, the Bellroy is perfect.

2 Likes

Old wallet fell apart, so bought a new one recently! Barbour Colwell Billfold. Really happy with it so far at Β£42! Big fan of the tartan detail on the front card slots.

3 Likes

What’s the grey card? :eyes:

1 Like

Nothing massively exciting! There was a brief period in… 2018? when Waitrose and John Lewis were running a trial of combined loyalty cards. Not sure if they kept doing it or not!

5 Likes

Nice! I don’t live anywhere near either of these things :sweat_smile: good idea though.

2 Likes

It is rather handy! Having two separate cards for the same company was a bit silly :joy:

3 Likes

https://focx.store/product/advanced-black/

Programmable NFC tag inside :exploding_head:

Never even thought this type of stuff would be a thing. A quick Google search tells me there’s not many wallets with this.

β€œIll never forget my pin now!”.

How stupid(?). So that when someone gets your wallet, they’ll be able to scan the NFC tag and get all your PINs too!

1 Like

The description says things about phone numbers and passwords but you know someone will do pin. :rofl:

Why do you need to store phone numbers, passwords etc. on a wallet, when the smartphone you need to programme it already does these things better?

3 Likes

tEcHnOlOgY

And to increase the price by at least $25 when the extra material cost is more like Β’50

2 Likes

Interesting design.

I’d love a Ridge but they so spenny.

1 Like

Don’t they have any black friday deals on?

Not to meet my affordability :tired_face::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Deal of the day: Spigen RFID Signal Blocking Wallet Credit Card Holder with Cash Strap - Black Amazon.co.uk

Seems a good alternative to Ridge?

Depends if your idol is Robocop.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me, but even with the discount, Β£25 for 2 pieces of aluminium and a bit of elastic seems a bit steep.
But each to their own.

4 Likes

I personally don’t like them but others had mentioned Ridge previously so thought I’d post it.

1 Like