The race to TEN MILLION users

Monzo. And now it is at 51.10%

Like you’ll read this accurate response

2 Likes

Is the counter accurate? It flutters up and down

As discussed at length every time we get near a notable limit, the counter is served from different CDN servers between refreshes and they are not all in perfect synch. No great conspiracy

2 Likes

Have you not seen all the “Help! Monzo closed my account” threads?!?!?

1 Like

I’d rather see active users then accounts that have just been made.

How would you qualify an active account?

1 Like

If you want this info you need to qualify for TS Anil’s monthly fireside DAUMAU zoom call… Just need to invest 10 million dollars and sign an NDA :smile: Us mortals count ourselves lucky to have a live feed of total users :pray:

2 Likes

Where wages go in and bills get paid and have an actual daily use not where someone just puts £50 in once a month for a weekend spend down the pub.

ten million means nothing is 50% of the accounts are never used and 20% have been closed***

*** I am making those figures up

2 Likes

Closed accounts used to be removed from the total

I’m assuming that’s still true

3 Likes

Yeah you’ll think it still will, especially if it used too

1 Like

That’s exactly how I’d qualify an active user. I’m sure the active users (by our own qualification criteria) are far, far less than the 5M+ sign-ups, but I strongly suspect it isn’t a metric Monzo would ever publish. Another unknown:

I have a Personal account. MrsW has a personal account. We have a Joint Account too. Technically, we have contributed 3 sign-ups to the 5M+ figure, but 2 of those are totally unused as we use only the Joint account for everything. The only reason my Personal account is used is to feed the 1p Savings challenge, used to segregate work expense advances, overseas spending (!) and so I can have travel and mobile insurance.

Another example - there are 46294 users on this forum. I’ll bet only 1% - 2% are ‘active’

4 Likes

52.17% done :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

53.03% done :star_struck:

Only 4.55 years to get to 10 million then

2 Likes

To be fair to Monzo, it took Barclays and Natwest about 300 years to reach 10 million users :sunglasses:

5 Likes

54.0% done :sunglasses:

5 Likes

7 Likes

56% done!

If anyone wants to know where the usernumbers are, they’re somewhere on monzo.com homepage or the raw data is here https://api.monzo.com/user-counter/count

2 Likes

So about 1% per month?

Gonna be a loooong wait. Should have gone for 6. Assuming it doesn’t slow down, and it probably will, we’ll see 10 million on Friday 13th June 2025. I’ll be old.

3 Likes

Can always start one for 6mil.

I was expecting a good push from the US division by now, but it’s unclear if that is going to materialise anymore, even though they are saying a banking license won’t change their commitment. .

I can’t help it, i’m an optimist :man_shrugging:

2 Likes