2 Likes

Sunday 6th Feb at 7:40pm

It’s always a Sunday for a big milestone :+1:

I bet 9th of February at 10:36am

no internal data was used in this calculation

8 Likes

Okay random guess here, 9th February at 10.37am

7 Likes

Strange, I was just thinking 9th February at 10:35am.

3 Likes

9/2/22 at 10:34 est. just to be safe.

1 Like

31/1/2022

13:01

9-2-22 10.38 am

Hey everyone – I wanted to drop in to let you know we’ll be simplifying the number we show on the website to make how we talk about this metric more consistent – and I’m flagging it here as I know you use this to track progress towards the latest milestones.

When we first added this counter to the website, we’d only recently launched the current account and moved away from the prepaid card. A while ago! Since then we’ve grown and added many new products and features – from Monzo Business, to Savings Pots, to Monzo Flex. There are a few different ways to define the number of customers we have anyway (think MAU, DAU, business accounts, joint accounts etc.), and this has become even more complex as we’ve grown. So we’ve decided to simplify the number on the site to make things more consistent.

From later today it’ll show we have “more than 5 million customers”, instead of the specific number. We’ll still change it when we hit big milestones (like 6m, which isn’t too far away!)

It’s something we’re trying out, so we may add some version of it again in the future. And in the meantime, rest assured we’ll keep you updated when we do reach these important milestones.

5 Likes

Daym. You’ve just given my F5 key both relief and a new lease of life.

3 Likes

We wanted to help you make that financial saving @davidwalton :pray:

4 Likes

Can’t you update it next week so everyone can see that I’ve won?

Or is this @bee making sure we can’t beat him?

5 Likes

Ruining all our fun :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

What is the downside of keeping it, Alan?

And does Monzo still talk about being “transparent by default” internally?

:pray:

2 Likes

How about the number in other places it is held/displayed for those who do wish to know?

A self-selecting audience I know, but is this change intended to totally hide/bury the “real” value or just simplify it for the widest view?

TL;DR I liked it how it is/was

12 Likes

I’ve noticed the live current users number now is obfuscated with “more than 5 million”. What was the reason for hiding it?
I’ve also noticed the Grafana dashboard with historical growth charts is also not working (although I understand it’s not officially supported)

I’m just worrying that Monzo is slowly hiding any visible KPI from the public. I loved the milestones and progress Trello board that was visible a few years ago. That really signified the “transparency” values.

2 Likes

how we talk about this metric more consistent

Sounds a bit like an empty business speech. More consistent with what? And how does rounding it to millions make it more consistent?

6 Likes