The race to TEN MILLION users

Hey everyone – I wanted to drop in to let you know we’ll be simplifying the number we show on the website to make how we talk about this metric more consistent – and I’m flagging it here as I know you use this to track progress towards the latest milestones.

When we first added this counter to the website, we’d only recently launched the current account and moved away from the prepaid card. A while ago! Since then we’ve grown and added many new products and features – from Monzo Business, to Savings Pots, to Monzo Flex. There are a few different ways to define the number of customers we have anyway (think MAU, DAU, business accounts, joint accounts etc.), and this has become even more complex as we’ve grown. So we’ve decided to simplify the number on the site to make things more consistent.

From later today it’ll show we have “more than 5 million customers”, instead of the specific number. We’ll still change it when we hit big milestones (like 6m, which isn’t too far away!)

It’s something we’re trying out, so we may add some version of it again in the future. And in the meantime, rest assured we’ll keep you updated when we do reach these important milestones.

5 Likes