The NoCoffee Pot! ☕️

I just saw this idea on Twitter, and think it’s brilliant.

I’m very aware that a lot of my spending comes from takeaway coffees, especially in the mornings on my way to work. So I might give this a go, cutting out caffeine from my commute and just having a nice cup of tea in the office instead.

What about you? Could you give up something small and put the money aside instead?

10 Likes

That’s some very fancy coffee though… £5 for a cappuccino :grimacing:

I would propose to get a £2.50 Cap and put £2.50 in the saving pot. Best of both worlds :smile:

4 Likes

I think putting your normal amount away is good - but then I spend 49p a day only, so not quite £5!

1 Like

It’s a great idea to put a little money away for the little thing you could do without sometimes :coffee:. Well done well that’s £5 in the :bank: how much do you think you could save?

1 Like

I would never spend £5 on a coffee :hushed:

And I never step foot in Costa Fortune

1 Like

Nor me. I get into a lather at £5 a pint. :beer:

Something else :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

ha ha. I stopped buying pints when they went over £1

3 Likes

Although it was written in the context of saving for a mortgage deposit, this article tackles the coffee habit, and how much it costs the writer:

1 Like

There’s a pub next to me that is £4.80 a pint. For Tewksbury prices, it’s pretty high :joy:

Hey, who knew. Didn’t take long for us to find some things :heart_eyes:

You will never get me to give up my avocados :avocado:

3 Likes

I save £2.50 every morning by stopping going to coffee shops. All i had to do was spend £360 on a fancy Nespresso machine where the pods cost 25p each and i need 2 pods each time. So that’s £2 saving a day, only need 180 days to break even on my investment lol

1 Like

I set up a commute savings pot at the start of the year - every time I cycle to work instead of taking the tube, I put £6 in the pot (payg tube fare is £5.80 per day, so I’m giving myself a little bonus too).
So far this year I’ve saved £258, so it’s looking good for a new bike for myself at xmas :wink:

6 Likes

How about if the transaction is from a coffee shop then the same amount goes into a pot. So you buy one for £2.80 then the same is put into a Coffee pot. You could soon realise how much you are wasting (not in my eyes though :joy:) on coffee.

I did this. But then running late still buy one at work :frowning:️ I need to be more committed to making one at home and taking it in.

:thinking: maybe every time I make a Nespresso I put £2 into a pot. That could work.

1 Like
saveTheCoffee = () => {
  let coffees = today.transactions.filter(
     transaction => transaction.merchant.name.contains('Starbucks')
  );

return ( coffees.length > 0 ) ? 0 : 5;
}
1 Like