The Monzo Current Account Preview

3 invites, they want you down in their office don’t they haha

2 Likes

I have which is why I was just checking that I haven’t missed a e-mail cos spam or something

People who pledged to invest but weren’t selected are next in the list I believe.

1 Like

Not ‘next in the list’, just ‘in the list’ as some pledgers are getting CAs while investors are still waiting - it’s all down to who :monzo: needs to the the CA I guess? :slight_smile:

I highly doubt there is a next on the list, if I remember rightly @tristan said he chooses people off the lists with certain criteria? There is no defined list of who’s going next.

Yeah, this preview has nothing to do with whether you invested or not.

Investing or pledging will put you top of the list for the full current account rollout in the future, but makes no difference for this preview.

1 Like

I’ve just received my remote invite, if I go through with it now what’ll happen to my current monzo card and currnt pre paid account?
Will it change it will they both b me on going side by side :crossed_fingers:

They will run side by side. Eventually all the data will be merged.

1 Like

At the meet up they said that preview holders won’t have the histories merge. Well, at least they didn’t say they would - there’s obviously technical difficulties

Here’s the most recent comment from the team on this -

3 Likes

I asked Tom the question at the first CA roll out Q&A session about this specifically. His answer was “Eventually, all your prepaid spending data will be merged into one product - the Monzo current account.”

1 Like

Seems to work
In #HerneHill

[Image removed by staff]

2 Likes

And now we all have your card number!

8 Likes

Cardinal sin?

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m also running Android O DP4 here, no problems whatsoever on either of the apps :+1:

Quite common… very good friend I gave golden ticket to sent me a WhatsApp picture of part of his Monzo card so I let him know I now know his whole number and expiry date as well as his name and home address so what did he want me to order for him :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

just ask him to send you the CCV digits :joy:

3 Likes

Or use Amazon - they don’t always require CVV. :joy:

I’ve always wondered what other checks Amazon do with a bank (or if they have a special payment processor of their own) as I know I’ve used others cards (with permission) with the wrong billing address etc and it’s gone through no problem.

They’re one of the largest retailers I know of in the UK that don’t ask for a CCV or 3dsecure or anything like that but I guess their size and relatively streamlined/easy help process balances things out a bit (I’ve had someone use my card without permission once and all it took was one quick call back from them and voila; refunded!)

I would expect this to be a closely guarded secret so that fraudsters don’t find ways around it. Security by obscurity (but this is one of the rare cases where obscurity is acceptable).