The Monzo app is changing: we've had a makeover!

There was a post from Monzo themselves that said this, it isn’t just a rumour. They explain why it’s necessary to have the test group, even though I can understand a little frustrating if you’re a forum user or pay attention to the release notes.

1 Like

Really? Is that an Android thing?

2 Likes

No wonder people are waiting days for support when time is being wasted like this. Absolutely ridiculous. Support should give a simple answer to a question like this and then shut the chat down.

I am aware of that post. Sorry if I explain myself wrongly. I did what the post explains and every answer I’ve received is different.

That post even when it is clear gives so many possibilities. And overall it declares something really odd to me “ To help with this, there is a small group of people who will get the new navigation a couple of months later.” I don’t know about you but having some people deliberately being left with and old piece of software is not a very good move and it seems in line with people receiving a refund and other people’s don’t in Monzo Plus.

Best I won’t be asking again for this.

They mean when you want to export your data in different formats, under summary, at the very bottom.

Frosting animation is back in TF release!

3 Likes

Even though it has a bit of a delay!

Did anybody not immediately freeze their card so they could see the frosty goodness again?

2 Likes

Yep, definitely did it as well :joy:

1 Like

I’ve been using the new layout for a while now and I hate to say it but I’m not a fan. There are a few things that I dislike/miss:

• No summary of how much I’ve spent today so far
  • No summary of the funds I had at the time when scrolling through payments
  • I miss the graph, that was super useful
  • I personally really dislike up and down swipe based ui in general, especially the way that I scroll up and down through payments but scrolling down too much minimises the payments. That’s just horrible. Especially when it then hovers over the card/pot switching functionality. It’s confusing to use.
  • When swiping through cards/pots they stack instead of sliding off screen. This may again be personal preference but on apps most UI choices that layer things like that just feel cluttered and unintuitive.

I loss of the first two is the most frustrating part. I love Monzo because it makes tracking my dad to day spending easy. Without those UI features it’s much harder and thereof a less useful app.

3 Likes

This is actually present… look to the far right of the text that says “TODAY”

Admittedly I’m on a TestFlight version so you might not see this just yet but it’s coming back:

It’s not on android.

I have Android and I have it. Are you on the latest version?

its because money in is greater than money out

5 Likes

That’s really confusing. I’d rather have a plus total or even just a spend only.

Animation looks quicker, as in before it seemed to be a slower freeze animation?

I think it wasn’t displaying for you today because your daily balance was positive (and by design we show the spent today only if your daily balance is negative :see_no_evil:). Some positive transactions (e.g. loans, salary, etc.) are excluded from this calculation, but other positive transactions (e.g. refunds) are not

Hmm I’d still want to see the total. Excluding loans, salary etc makes sense, but I’d still want to see the total with that excluded

You would see the total, if the daily balance is negative (as I said salary, etc are excluded from the calculation). In your case we didn’t exclude the Tesco positive transactions from the calculations, so the total was positive, and we didn’t show it

1 Like