The Future of Monzo 🌁

As one of the earliest adopters it’s been heartwarming and exciting to see how the Company AND the Community has grown big and HEALTH!
It is - and will always be - a privilege to be a Monzonaut.

Big thank you to every single person (from Monzo and the venue) who contributed to this triumphant moment of sharing the Future of Monzo.

Keep this startup spirit, learn from fail, celebrate success, keep on listening and… the growth will come inevitably! :muscle::sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

Will the event be written up in anyway? Don’t fancy watching hours of videos :grimacing:

1 Like

Thought it was a great event! Well done @simonb on being a great host as well!

2 Likes

A thread of interesting stats from today

This one in particular stands out

6 Likes

I think Monzo do themselves a disservice there. Saying 5% of age eligible people would give a higher percentage.

There was also the sobering statistic of how many adults in the world use Monzo!

That’s 0.043%

Not quite as spectacular as the others, I warrant you!

3 Likes

Once they launch in the rest of the world I’m sure that will increase :grin:

1 Like

So many highlights from today. The financial crime talk way impactful and amazing.

And I particularly enjoyed @zancler’s insights into how they design, and some thoughtpieces about how Monzo might approach different markets where cash is king:

This really needs context so do watch the video when it comes online, but these aren’t necessarily things that they’ll ever do, just an explanation of the thinking and trade-offs between different approaches.

5 Likes

This blew my mind https://twitter.com/tomcoutts/status/1193177936058302464

4 Likes

That really sums up the day for me.

I think it was Simon or Tom who said up front that Monzo is currently about eating your vegetables - making sure that everything works and that they’re improving the basics.

But at the same time they’re preparing for the future. Monzo 3.0 was all about the groundwork for that. And then we have this sort of fantastic thing where they are proactively thinking about other markets and how the product might evolve.

These dual tracks, together with Tom’s rearticulation of Monzo as a platform for aggregating financial services, ultimately becoming the one place where you can see everything together - and which will proactively help improve your financial life to the point where will it be economically irrational to not use Monzo - went to show just how much thought and effort is going into this company.

Top marks, everyone!

6 Likes

Would probably be a higher percentage if monzo.me didn’t exist.

For those in attendance, was there any questions relating to an IPO? (I know a long way off but always good to hear latest thoughts)

So pleased to hear those figures about the revenue :muscle:

Looking forward to watching them when published

1 Like

No questions about an IPO. Tom mentioned that the plan is to list in the next few years - then paused and reiterated for any journalists present that he wasn’t making an announcement and it’s a good few years off.

He also rattled through recent valuation (£2bn) and share price (which I didn’t catch but I think was the last one we’d heard about on here).

2 Likes

Thanks for that :+1:

1 Like

I enjoyed the day quite a lot thanks for hosting! Good to see where things are moving.

As @Peter_G said nothing on IPO planned in the next 3+ years. I think the price per share Tom stated was around £18.

1 Like

Interesting - that’s more than I thought

Will be interesting to watch the video and see if anymore info was given

1 Like

£13.30 and give or take some pennies is what he said…

Guess we’ll see when the videos are up. Considering user growth since the last valuation is 65% I’d not be surprised if the valuation had increased

1 Like

The share price is still £13.0194. There have been no additional raises since the last, so no change in price.

4 Likes