The end of The Big List!

There were 17,001 joint accounts on Friday

2 Likes

I’m guessing they don’t count on the main counter?

No, only activated personal accounts

If ones that haven’t been activated and joint accounts were included they’re over a million accounts

Wow - that’s a lot of non-activated?!

What does non-activated mean?

Create an account and do nothing when the card arrives?

I think the figure on the website also adjusts for closed accounts? The million plus figure is for all accounts ever opened?

1 Like

Under 3% going by my dodgy Sunday morning maths

Don’t know the full details, were they people who started and didn’t finish setting up the account? Got the card and didn’t activate it? Card’s in the post? etc

Oh and as Peter said about closed accounts

Should have said activated/active but it’s sunday

3 Likes

Actually, reading back on slack, they don’t exclude closed accounts. Its included in the stats

1 Like

Here are the stats for anyone interested:

Screenshot_20180909-105723__02

Screenshot_20180909-110208__01

3 Likes

As a northerner, I’d say that gravy is essential :wink:

image just wondering how will splitting spending money from money for bills etc work as its one account

It’s an account with pots. So that’s what they’ll use as a segregation mechanism as far as we understand it.

But how can you take the debit card use away from the bills but still be the same account just only have the debit card use for visa and atm from a dedicated pot of money put aside for spending and not be able to withdraw cash from main balance where bills are paid from unless you transfer to the pot of money for debit card basically splitting the main balance up in to two pots one is spending which includes debit card use in shops and atm where you transfer from the bills pot where you pay bills standing orders and receive your money in

We haven’t seen how Monzo plans to work this pot. It’ll likely be only for direct debits or for payments which you set as recurring/committed spend.

1 Like

Until I see details I wouldn’t know and from doing in app chat I haven’t got far on finding out yet

Monzo haven’t shared any details on it yet. They will post it on here when they are ready to share how it will work.

1 Like

As far as we know, they haven’t actually built this functionality yet - it’s a concept. So you won’t get any answers at this point. We just need to wait to see how this will work.

I’m eager to know too :slight_smile:

Current accounts aren’t designed to split spending from bills in the same account

I like Santander’s approach to basic banking they remove the debit card function from the current account and have it separate account only allowed is spending or atm withdrawals on that account whilst the other main basic account is an account for your bills and you have a atm only card if you wanna take money out maybe this would be an option but Santander give you an electronic use only debit card for these customers but the concept could work in with monzo

1 Like

Sure they are, if your salary goes in before your bills, everything left after bills is spending money, savings, food bill etc?

3 Likes