The Current Account Switch Service (CASS)

My switch completed today #FullMonzo :smiley:

1 Like

My switch has now fully completed!

Great!

Apart fromā€¦ I had a payee set up with my previous bank Starling that hasnā€™t transferred. It was for a TSB Platinum credit card.

Anyone know the sort code and account number for this?

I would call TSB and ask them but they are busy speaking to other customers right now and cut you off!

2 Likes

Anyone know the sort code and account number for this?

Sure, itā€™s 04-00-04, account number 8xxxxxx. :joy:

Would be nice to figure out whether itā€™s a Monzo or Starling issue - if anyone else has switched away from Starling could you confirm whether your payees have been transferred?

1 Like

Isnā€™t it on your monthly statement!?

1 Like

My monthly statements are online and the TSB website is seriously broken at the moment. Payment due tomorrow! Aaaghhh !

Tsb on twitter have said to someone unable to access their credit card that they wonā€™t be charged late fees

2 Likes

In this case Iā€™d be more concerned about the payment actually being reflected on TSBā€™s side more than any late payment fees. Iā€™d rather pay 10Ā£ for a late payment then loose the entire credit card balance into the Faster Payments void.

Good point, I was only going to make the minimum payment for this exact reason, just to keep credit score clean.

they wouldnā€™t dare. Imagine the publicity?

It might be worth persevering. Apart from last weekend, Iā€™ve experienced no problems accessing my TSB account via the app; in fact I made a transaction this morning.

1 Like

Do you have a TSB credit card ? Can you get the sort code and account number for BACS payments? I canā€™t access a statement.

Sorry, no I donā€™t. Iā€™ve only got a current account with them.

Pretty sure itā€™s due to the TSB problems. Have a look here: http://help.barclaycard.co.uk/brochure/paying_bill/pay-my-bill
(sort code: 20-04-15, account number: 38290008 - make sure you use your card number as the payment reference).

Thatā€™s for a Barclaycard, not a TSB Credit Card.

6 Likes

Whoops, I stand corrected, mustā€™ve misunderstood something on the thread :slight_smile:

So Iā€™ve activated CASS from Lloyds to Monzo and its been an absolutely nightmare.

8 direct debits moved from Lloyds. I checked online with Lloyds and I could see they were cancelled. I can also see the DDs visible in Monzo.

But the 1st came around and 3 DDs didnt come out - strange
A week later, another DD didnt happen.

I called Fitness First, Vision Express and Vodafone. All three of them had absolutely no information about Monzo account number / sort code. All showing ā€œcancelled Lloyds ones onlyā€

Iā€™ve had to manually pay these missed DDs.

Today Aviva Pension DD was meant to come out - NOTHING!

If I have to speak to every company and manually check the DD what is the point of CASS?

Is this going to effect my credit score - probably. Is this costing me time - yes.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not swapped with monzo, but this is why i donā€™t trust any bank to swap it over.

Itā€™s not them that has to mess about calling everyone or having defaulted payments and charges etc. And even if they cover charges they canā€™t update other companies internal info about you.

I find CASS is really useful for closing old accounts down when you dont want to mess about visiting branches or sending forms following weird unnecessary process of a bank you want rid of.

Otherwise if you have to check, correct or chase anyway you may as well just move it yourself just after the payments gone to make sure itā€™s been done.
Iā€™d rather spend hour or so changing payments then spending days or weeks on end fixing the mess it can cause.

I also think that when you switch the bank should change, not necessarily your sort code and account number. They should really figure those to be portable.

1 Like

Hi Lee-am

100% this!!

If I just had of called my 8 DDs and got them to swop it would have been so easy. Now each call I make to companies I need to explain the whole CASS process, find out what DD info they have on file etc. etc.

Iā€™m going to be proactive with the remaining DDs and call to check them. What a waste of time!

I saw in another thread (although I canā€™t find which one), that a lot of DDā€™d are failing to be created automatically using CASS because the DD processing systems many companies use are antiquated and do not have an up to date list of valid sort codes, so do not implement the new DD instruction.

I can imagine itā€™s super frustrating.

1 Like

Good luck sorting it out Tom, hopefully doesnā€™t take too long.