The Current Account Switch Service (CASS)

It’s starting…:thinking:

7 Likes

Sadly I don’t think I can test as I only have a joint account and my understanding is it has to be single to single or joint but on joint to joint

single to single or joint to joint only

1 Like

Well there we go I only have a joint account to switch :man_shrugging:

Damn! I have just today manually switched all my direct debits. Hope they all work! :grimacing:

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is a dumb question but does CASS also notify my employer or atleast the BACS transfer to direct it to the new current account??

1 Like

Believe so

If you do a Full Switch - yes :+1:

If you do a Partial Switch - no :-1:

4 Likes

What if my employer already pays into my Monzo account? Do I have to notify them? :thinking:

No, the way that it works when you do a Full Switch is that CASS will pick up on any Direct Credits coming in to your old account and redirect them to Monzo. So if your Direct Credit is already coming in to Monzo, then you’re all good :grinning:

5 Likes

Is it only for Direct Credits or FPS as well? My employer always did it the modern way via instant FPS instead of batch (next day) Direct Credits?

Not that I would ever have an interest in CASS as I’m already with Monzo but just out of curiosity.

With a full current account switch, I assume it doesn’t affect any other account held with the bank? Joint account, savings etc.?

Just the account you switch :+1:

2 Likes

Some of those extra accounts (savings, loans, credit cards, etc) might have a term that requires the holder to have a current account…?

That does happen… I couldn’t close my FD until I repaid the loan I had with them, and they automatically closed my savings account for the same reason.

1 Like

Started my switch this morning! Looking forward to having everything on Monzo :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah, I have a First Direct Regular Saver which requires me to pay into it from my First Direct Current Account.

My switch has finished successfully this morning! :slight_smile: Very smooth process!

1 Like

I just had a ‘Switch finished’ notification and it’s there in my feed but…

I chose full switch, my old account (Starling) is still open and a balance transfer to settle the account hasn’t happened.

With other banks when I’ve used CASS, a final payment was made to settle the account balance to 0 (this could be either direction depending on if the closing account is in overdraft or not)

Started a full switch on Monday night with a completion date of next Wednesday (25th). Just received the notification that the switch is underway and will finish on the 25th. All looking good so far, very smooth and easy :slight_smile: