The Current Account Switch Service (CASS)

Do we have a date yet for CASS?

I’m ready to leave HSBC but I don’t fancy switching manually.

3 Likes

No date just yet, but not far off! Rigorous staff testing happening right now :grinning:

I guess we’ll miss Q1 :frowning: , but not by much.

10 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. I shouldn’t be surprised by the speed and quality of Monzo responses but it still impresses me.

That’s great news. I look forward to switching soon.

1 Like

Im sure people would nearly always prefer to wait for something that is released as the full working product than something that is rushed out and not working well.

I for one am fine with minor delays in the name of testing. Bring on Q2 and CASS!

That’s not to say we want you to fall behind a certain other shall not be named bank :wink:

1 Like

Is this happening Q2 yet - must say it’s incredible that CASS is still not active. I have recommended 3 people they all used it and found it fun buying a coffee and getting instant notifications and then stopped using it as they did not want to switch manually

Monzo may have 545.000 users but if only 10% are using it as their main account I think that’s very disappointing and probably down to Cass not being active

With big names catching up I think Monzo have missed a massive trick here

Any date yet ???

Can you not get some help from starling bank on how to get it working :joy::joy::joy:

Yes.

Not really if you take into consideration the fact that it wasn’t their no. 1 priority & they’ve had quite a lot of other stuff to do in the meantime :slight_smile:

I think it’s a great start but as you say, I’m sure not having CASS is a big part of the reason. So the good news is, they have a big incentive to get it set up don’t they :tada:

No.

1 Like

I think it should be a number one priority along with over drafts - rather than things like pots

It’s not as simple as just having a “number one priority” because most pieces of functionality aren’t able to be “all hands on deck” when it comes to tackling them. Monzo have different teams so often the remaining work will be isolated to a single team and once it’s built something like CASS might needs months of QA (at which point other developers might as well build other stuff).

1 Like

I have a tentative date, I’m not going to say exactly as it still might change but we really won’t miss Q1 by very much at all.

So let’s just say VERY EARLY in Q2 :joy:

9 Likes

2nd April? That’s very early.

I would’ve said the first, but it’s unlikely you’d release a new feature on a Sunday…

However, it’s probably going to be week 2/3 Q1 - so your COps have have enough time to relax after you’ve closed prepaid.

1 Like

We thrive on demand :muscle:

1 Like

We like a challenge though :joy:

My understanding is that we will still do a staged rollout - so rather than offering to everyone at once, we will whitelist people over the course of a few weeks so we don’t get overwhelmed and we can ensure that if a last minute bug pops up, it doesn’t affect everyone.

Following that - it will available for all!

3 Likes

I swear if this is all building to an epic CASS and Apple Pay April fools joke…

3 Likes

the joke is a big announcement about Garmin Pay, Fitbit Pay and Samsung Pay :wink: Apple to follow in 2019 :wink:

2 Likes

I mean, we’re not generally in the habit of pissing off most of our customers :joy:

12 Likes

Is there a way you’re going to choose who to roll it out to? How do you gauge demand from people who will use CASS within a brief period of time to aid testing.

Just intrigued. :thinking:

1 Like

but maybe we will make an exception in this case :wink:

2 Likes

Great question. So take this with a grain of salt because I haven’t had a recent discussion with the CASS team about it, but as per other features we’ve tested before launch (like Overdrafts) I expect the initial thing will be a form where you can register your interest and we’ll first pick a sample group that covers a wide range (in this case it could be something like ensuring we have willing testers switching from all the major banks, some who want to do a full switch and some who want to do a partial switch).

We expect progress to move quite quickly though - I would expect around a month or so between the initial tests and the feature being available to everyone.

2 Likes

That’s cool … makes sense. Guess you need to make sure that the initial test group are actually willing to do it immediately instead of waiting for a month or so.

Cheers for the info :+1:

2 Likes

I’d always guessed that you were waiting for the end of prepay, in case someone tried to CASS to prepay (not that it would be made possible, but at least it might confuse)

1 Like