TestFlight Release Discussion

How strange

2 Likes

P. S. if you :bear: would send me 1p, I :pig2: could test it
Monzo.me – Remigijus has requested Β£1.00 with Monzo.me :cat2:

It came up with β€˜No test notes’ or something like that in the TestFlight app first so I updated and then posted the results from within the :monzo: app.

2 Likes

You’re now very rich :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I am, thank you so much :kissing_heart:

Edit.
Thanks @Paulw for helping me test it :grin:

After a quick glance, I didn’t see :owl:more emojies than I already have on my smartphone.

No worries, I’ll be fine :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t like only 1 thing.
I simply shared plain Monzo me link, but on my side it shows me asking for Β£1 :confused::point_down:

@Paulw did my link asked you that or it’s just a bug?

We found the external account improvements were causing crashes for some users so turned off the feature flag. We’ll aim to get it fixed in time for the next release

2 Likes

I think Monzo limited the number of emojis you could use. Now it’s all of them :smiley:

2 Likes

The link didn’t ask for Β£1 so must be a bug

2 Likes

It defaults to Β£1 if you don’t set an amount and that is the minimum amount. Just sent myself some links and played with it and setting amount to 0.01 or 0 makes it Β£1, but Β£1.01 up gives the actual amount. Odd! But agree a bug.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

I tested it too :face_with_monocle:
As I sent a plain link to @Paulw today, he could enter any amount (eg 1p) because (I assume) he opened it through his smartphone and was auto redirected to his :monzo: app.

After I opened same plain link on my laptop (checked on Firefox & Chrome browsers), it does not allow me go lower that Β£1 :scream_cat:

So here we are:
Looks like it’s not a bug :blush:

:monzo: users can enjoy sending 1p :crazy_face: (as it’s an internal bank transaction)
Non :monzo: are limited to a minimum Β£1 transaction :expressionless: (not sure why, but must be a business related setting/standard)

2 Likes

Interesting. I clicked my 1p link which in the monzo app was 1p but on a generic website is Β£1. E.g. Monzo.me – William has requested Β£1.00 with Monzo.me

When the feature was originally added, Monzo allowed use of all emojis. But over the years, new emojis have been added to Unicode and phone OSes, and Monzo never expanded to match.

I gave up hope years ago that the emojis in Monzo would be expanded, so this is excellent!

4 Likes

7 Likes

I get a bit more detail, though the end result is the same:

8 Likes