TestFlight Release Discussion

Sadly nothing that juicy.

App Store Connect doesn’t let you add test notes to a TestFlight build until it’s already published, so there’s always a lag of a minute or two.

4 Likes

Seems an odd restriction!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Just put in to be a beta tester

2 Likes

Major Testflight news!

Testflight now supports automatic updating of apps, in it’s new update released today.

This is great news, it always used to be annoying to need to manually stay up to date.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be working properly, installed this morning then auto updated then has not done so since.

It seems to work for me.

I have a lot of apps in Testflight and a few of them have auto-updated.

I think it only does it when you have your phone plugged in and charging, like the App Store does?

It does not necessarily auto-update as soon as a new build is out.

3 Likes

Can’t open this release without the app crashing. iOS 14.2. iPhone XS.

Haven’t turned phone off and on yet but heads up.

On 14.3 on a 12 mini and it crashes on launch too.

It seems fine for me on iOS 14.2 with an iPhone X.

Could be a bug only affecting certain phones?

There are a lot of phone switches going on - are clean installs of the Monzo app being carried out after switching to the new phones?

The Monzo app doesn’t like being restored from a (i)cloud backup, which is generally the procedure used to quickly switch between iPhones.

If restored from a backup, uninstall the :monzo: app, restart iPhone, download & install :monzo: and login.

I’ll try that. For now I just rolled the version back by one and it was fine!

1 Like

I knew I’d regret turning on automatic Testflight installs. That said, no crashes on 14.2 on an iPhone 12 Pro.

It’s not a major problem as you can always revert back to a previous build manually in Testflight and/or turn off the automatic updates, on a per-app basis, if something happens which causes you to need this.

I can see myself doing this if there is another Monzo bug related to iOS betas in the future, for example.

1 Like

Very specific crash!

4 Likes

Beat me to it. I was going to use the word nuanced. But specific probably better!

2 Likes

“And if your were born when Jupiter was ascending and have more than 5 slices of bread in the house”

3 Likes

I never got round to this. Hoping the new update means no issue! Hooray for the beta testers having a reason to exist…!

2 Likes