TestFlight Release Discussion

Mines April!

Edit - it’s actually now Jan 2019 it was April earlier. What’s going on?! :thinking:

Mine is now end of June!

Sooo… I can’t get into my account anymore due to this crashing issue. Tried switching to AppStore release, this logged me out. However the time between email being sent and clicking on the log me in button in the email. The app crashes, both test flight and live release. Meaning the app doesn’t log me in and nothing happens.

Think I’ve tried too many times now to beat the crash, so getting a ‘There was a problem, error status code was unacceptable 429.

Not me, but someone I know has the same thing. Have you guys managed to fix it? Delete/reinstall app?

I tried that last night and got stuck in the on iOS 14 unable to login… didn’t fix it, in fact made it worse, lost another month!

The iOS 14 unable to login problem can be temporarily resolved by rolling back to the oldest TestFlight build available (3.37.00 (644)). Might fix timeline issues too?

2 Likes

YOU’RE A LEGEND THANK YOU!

Rolled back, logged in and updated by to latest test flight all working

Thank you so much!!!

3 Likes

I don’t know how, but I’m on iOS 14 and still logged in!

Trying to be careful to make sure I don’t get logged out, although I do get the crash notification about once an hour, which is pretty annoying.

PS: Something else to try which could help might be to 3D Touch (or Force Touch) on the magic link and select he option “Open in Monzo” from the email. Also, the built in Mail app is more likely to to work than a third part Mail app.

2 Likes

Latest App Store release frequently crashes on the most recent build of iOS 13 too, so it’s probably not an iOS 14 related issue.

2 Likes

I hope they fix it soon, it’s getting annoying!

iOS 13.7 is coming as well, that might introduce some iOS-level changes to how their app works. Monzo need to stay on the ball!

1 Like

Cheers for this. Not sure if I would have thought of it but woke up this morning and needed to login for some reason but could only do so by doing this!

I dont log out of the app at all , I have touch ID enabled so nobody can easily access it on my phone , I only log out if I have a problem with the app , why do you logout of the app ?

As I flippantly said further up, and was subsequently mocked. Is anyone in Monzo development actually using the app on future versions of iOS? Seems like they’d catch glaring problems like this before all 4 million customers have to experience it.

I imagine they are and I also imagine they’ll push something out prior to the release of iOS 14.

From memory it’s what happens with 13 although the release was a little earlier than “just before” I think.

2 Likes

I don’t log out either but for some reason when I tried to open the app this morning I was logged out which was pretty annoying! Nothing done on purpose.
The only reason I have logged out generally is to fix an issue or having been advised to in order to reset the app by support (not for a while at least a year or so in that case)

2 Likes

Right, but people now saying these crashes have made it into the public build of 13.7 that was released yesterday.

I there’s an iOS 13 issue that’s repeatable it’ll be fixed. That will either knock on into 14 Beta territory or not depending if they’re related. :man_shrugging:

Not seeing a 13 issue, personally and I obviously don’t know how widespread or repeatable it is from a dev viewpoint.

It’s already been addressed that Monzo are aware of the issue, and are looking to push a fix out in the next week or so (within the main development cycle).

As there’s no release date for iOS14 to the general public, there’s no point Monzo rushing a fix out (and impacting on an already defined roadmap) to something that in 2 iOS14 Beta releases time might not be an issue because it’s a core issue that’s resolved.

Just sit tight, and take the good with the bad on the Beta (or restore back to iOS13).

1 Like

That’s complex to answer. Sometimes it can be a widespread issue with the app itself. Sometimes it’s a smaller bug that only impacts a specific device model running a specific software version.

To replicate the crashing on iPhone 11, you would need to swipe into the multitasking interface from Monzo, which would force some kind of kernel panic, quitting the Monzo app, and booting me to the home screen. It didn’t happen every time, and once or twice it would log me out of the Monzo app.

This issue has not yet been present on 3.48.0 for me, both on iOS 13.6.1 and 13.7 for my device, so was potentially fixed by Monzo in the latest build.

Can’t common on TestFlight builds or the beta, since I don’t have Monzo on any of my beta devices, and I’m not using a TestFlight build either.

1 Like

3 Likes