TestFlight Release Discussion

I did see that but put in here as a response to Robin as he was asking in here

@robinb this is the same for me ā€“ I run into this all the time, and itā€™s been frustrating for a long while now. As Iā€™ve banged on about in other threads, it also used to be possible in the iOS app to add notes to bank transfers, BACS payments etc but for some reason was removed. (And itā€™s still possible using the API).

1 Like

Ability to add notes to all transactions on ios

2 Likes

1 Like

Seems like another boring one.

Wonder what snags they hit with the open banking stuff

Maybe none? Itā€™s too much of an assumption for me that they ā€˜would haveā€™ but ā€˜didnā€™tā€™.

1 Like

Could be full of hidden goodies for all we know

Your use of multiple quotes has confused the hell out of me.

Could well be server side yet i suppose yeah. My point was more so its been almost 6ish weeks since testing of it, didnt think the turnaround would be that big unless some bugs were found

Not sure if this is new or a bug fix, but my split bill screen used to pop up with my most recent people Iā€™d split with for half a second then go to alphabetical ā€˜allā€™ list.

Now though! Frequent, and recent. Amazing!

5 Likes

The updating spinner is not an improvement at the moment. Previously the app would update very quickly, now it claims to be updating but isnā€™t. It says last updated 18 hours ago. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Strange, Iā€™ve lost my last ā€œlast updatedā€ text over the last few days, now i get the spinner at the top if its updating otherwise I have to trust that itā€™s up to date now.

I miss the Last Updated Text because Monzo has frequently been very laggy at updating and ive noticed it still since the text has gone.

@robinb Please can we have the Last Updated/Updating text back? At least until the app updates more reliably

4 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed as well when the drawer is at the top hiding the big balance a smaller balance appears. When you pull the drawer down it no longer disappears so you have a little balance and a big balance showing. Then if you move the drawer up again the little balance doesnā€™t show. Somethings gone a bit wrong with it since the updating spinner is at the top.

3 Likes

I think that bug has been about for a while. The logic that makes the small balance display gets supremely confused when you faff about with the drawer.

1 Like

Ah right. Another one for the Little List

Yes, good spot! We fixed this annoying bug in the latest build and it now uses the same sections as the ā€œPaymentsā€ tab

4 Likes

@Dynamo thanks for the feedback on this. Are you on iOS? If so, I think what youā€™re seeing is unrelated to the updating spinner changes as it sounds like the update is not happening at all. There is a fix in 3.39 that addresses a long-standing issue affecting some people with syncs, would you be able to report back after using that build for a bit?

2 Likes

I think that bug has been about for a while. The logic that makes the small balance display gets supremely confused when you faff about with the drawer.

Thanks, this is on our list of small annoyances to fix

Strange, Iā€™ve lost my last ā€œlast updatedā€ text over the last few days, now i get the spinner at the top if its updating otherwise I have to trust that itā€™s up to date now.
I miss the Last Updated Text because Monzo has frequently been very laggy at updating and ive noticed it still since the text has gone.
@robinb Please can we have the Last Updated/Updating text back? At least until the app updates more reliably

@Addzy If the sync fails for any reason, you should then see a ā€œLast updatedā€ value in the error message. The idea is that either the app is up to date and you shouldnā€™t need to worry about when the last sync happened, or something went wrong in bringing it up to date in which case weā€™ll tell you that information. If you feel like you canā€™t trust it, it would be great to know more details because itā€™s exactly that lack of trust weā€™re trying to fix right now. When you say itā€™s been laggy at updating, does it not show the Updating spinner in these cases, telling you that things are not necessarily up to date?

5 Likes

Always having either ā€œLast Updated:ā€/ā€œUpdatingā€ meant you always knew where you were at. My biggest complaint with Monzo is that on iOS iā€™ve always found it notoriously buggy on when it updates, iā€™ve seen it mentioned on the forums many times. People including myself would need to force quit the app or switch to the payments tab and then back again to manually trigger the update.

I donā€™t seem to always get the spinner now. It seems a little bit more reliable but itā€™s still not trustworthy enough. Over the last few days I have still had numerous times with no spinner and showing a balance which then updated after a short time.

This isnā€™t good enough because you need to be able to trust that balance and I just donā€™t. Itā€™s not an issue Iā€™ve ever had with another bank but whilst the issue shouldnā€™t happen, when you had the previous text i always felt I knew where i stood and I knew If i had to force an update.

Now I find myself having to try an force update every time i check my balance because Ijust donā€™t trust it and Iā€™m sure iā€™m not the only one

Sorry if i waffled on here and kept repeating myself

2 Likes

Odd, I havenā€™t really seen it mentioned at all (Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a thread or two but itā€™s not front and centre every day) and I donā€™t see it myself. If it was a specific app problem then thereā€™s obviously a subset of devices thing going on thatā€™s always going to be a pain to try and track down.

Oh i donā€™t think its a big problem that people complain about and not sure iā€™ve seen whole threads on it, just comments on other threads.

Itā€™s never really been a big issue because we had the text that let us know where we stand and if it was up to date or not

2 Likes