TestFlight Release Discussion

Updated with test notes …

6 Likes

Where do you leave feedback on android?

6 Likes

If you’re still experiencing lag doing things on the app we’d appreciate as much detail in your feedback as possible!

If you submit through TestFlight then know that we read all the feedback and it’s super useful.

5 Likes

Will submit! Def still seeing lag.

1 Like

Version 3.79 fixed my bug I reported this morning

2 Likes

On the latest TestFlight build and seeing loads of lag/lockups. Seems like every time there’s any network activity (refreshing feed, loading map on transaction page, etc) the UI will be non-responsive, almost like you’re blocking the main thread with the API calls :thinking:.

You should provide feedback then! See …

I have done. Personally, as a dev myself, I find TestFlight feedback almost useless since you don’t get any notification of new feedback and can’t respond to the user.

We’re collating all the TestFlight feedback internally - so it’s definitely not useless for us.

We’ve made some progress already, and I’ve got an internal build on my phone which is much smoother. I sound a bit like a broken record, but we really do appreciate each and every bit of feedback and it directly impacts the product that millions of people use so keep it coming.

9 Likes

I don’t notice any lag, or perhaps i’m just not that bothered about it for the few milliseconds the UI lags when swapping to a connected account

It probably struggles to pre-fetch the data, that’s what is possibly causing the lag, in my opinion. I am not an iOS dev though

1 Like

Yeah ive noticed lots of general lag, delays on clicks of the bottom bar, switching between pots, feed slow to react.

Hope gets resolved soon, @Dan5 not sure if youd be best to ask this but how is things like performance etc tested? Is there an acceptable timeframe to perform actions with a build? Would the unit tests not flag “lag” when being run?

1 Like

I don’t know the answers, but I’ll try find somebody later in the week who can answer them for me :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks Dan! Lag is becoming a real issue and seems like it gets worse each update! There is absolutely zero reason an App like Monzo should be so resource intensive that an iPhone 12 Pro can’t push its animations and transitions with ease and fluidity.

Not been using the TestFlight release for quite some time, so these things are trickling over into the release builds too.

4 Likes

Our team are aware of these issues and are already working on a fix which should be on it’s way soon :pray:

Keep your eyes peeled and continue to feedback anything else that you’re seeing please :eyes:

13 Likes

Sounds good, my point was more myself being inquisitive.

In my previous experience with Android I used to have time to complete certain actions within the unit tests so would be interested to hear if monzo do something similar or how things like this slip through without being highlighted in testing.

Could be a good technical blog post @AlanDoe

3 Likes

I stopped using the TestFlight builds because of the terrible lag on an iPhone 12 mini, and it’s now in the main releases. I really hope this gets resolved soon. :wave:t2:

4 Likes

Bold claims! Let’s see!

Also haha @N26throwaway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Looks like we have a fix for lag!

@Alexxxxx :rage: you must have been a millisecond ahead of me! Until I refreshed my post was first! :rofl:

3 Likes

You win again

4 Likes