TestFlight Release Discussion

It does fix the freezing/crashes for me but like it alludes to in the notes is still incredibly slow at rendering my clicks/feeds/swipes so hopefully that gets addressed in the next testflight

2 Likes

Hi folks, from the iOS team at Monzo - massive thanks to you all the testing and feedback you do and share. As some of you experienced in last weekend’s release, there was a significant performance issue with navigating between accounts on the home tab - your feedback on Testflight and on here helped us spot this and avoided this going out to the app store.

As this weeks’ notes say, we believe this specific lock-up when interacting with accounts in the home is fixed in this release. If you continue to see the same issue, please let us know through Testflight.

19 Likes

@paulw So there is… :+1:

4 Likes

In the latest TestFlight release I’ve ran into an issue where my connected account (Nationwide) is showing as needing to Update Access, following the flow through I’m returned to the Monzo app from Nationwide, my balance briefly clears then the app crashes. I’ve got the stack trace and I’ve reported it through the TestFlight feedback popup. I’m able to reproduce this consistently.

2 Likes

1 Like

This morning we’ve got a new Testflight build (3.77.0) which we think should fix common connected account crashes. When you get the chance can you try with this new version, and let us know if the crash is still reproducible?

5 Likes

Sorry, bad news, still crashing when it returns to the Monzo app. Oddly it actually looks like it’s connected to the account as it’s got up to date content but the banner asking to Update Access is still there.

I’ve just shared the crash through Testflight but I can share any extra info if you need it.

3 Likes

Does a delete and reinstall fix it at all? (I only ask because usually that’s the first thing we’d ask you try on frontline!)

1 Like

Very much Monzo’s “turn it off and on again”.

To be fair it’s my first port of call for pretty much any software :joy:

1 Like

It works more often than you’d think with software, so it makes sense!

1 Like

And again, I think the test note writer has just had enough this week

5 Likes

Probably just a fix to try to fix it for @ohemsted :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I tried without reinstalling and I’m still seeing the issue. I worry if I reinstall that the button won’t be presented and I won’t be able to reproduce the scenario.

Is your connected account due to have the access renewed, or is the button showing erroneously?

6 Likes

2 Likes

Sorry for the slow reply to this, it looked to be showing erroneously but wasn’t dismissing. I took a look at the app today and the button has gone and the standard refresh button appears to work without issue.

1 Like

No test notes this week

2 Likes

Updated with test notes …

6 Likes