TestFlight Release Discussion

Yes itā€™s fairly new, weā€™re currently a smaller team and more focused than @bruno 's previous team (of which I was on too). The focus is making the app a little bit better every week and address some of the big & small issues that we havenā€™t been able to get to over the past years.

29 Likes

Music to my ears Robin, would it be too much to ask politely for you to come back and summarise the changes to us if/when they come to the app? especially for those that arent all that obvious at first glance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow. This is everything. :hot_coral_heart:

(We can crowd source minor irritations if you like. Actually, we might already have done thatā€¦)

8 Likes

Can we start with bringing iOS & Android up to a higher level of feature parity? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What would you like to see that you donā€™t consider to be parity right now? :slight_smile: (I am aware Search is still one thatā€™s mentioned a lot).

Android-iOS Parity Wiki :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is fab! Would you like a little list of things we notice that could be fixed, or added? It could be called the Little List :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(New thread timeā€¦?)

2 Likes

Seconding @Addzyā€™s post above.

One that gets me so much on iOS is inability to add notes to all transactions.

Even if this wasnā€™t on Android itā€™s so difficult/annoying that all transactions arenā€™t treated the same in terms of notes.

4 Likes

Hi @robinb

Thanks for the update and I really like the iterative approach

Things I would like to see;

• Payee Screen; getting better but the ability to merge it with existing ios contacts would be awesome
  • Payee; Able to edit how it shows up
  • Focus on stability, and a merging of features so thereā€™s parity (I still believe this is possible). My opinion, it took far too long to bring movable pots to iOS

Thanks

1 Like

One quick thing would be every time i send a transfer to a payee (even to one i send to on a regular basis) i get the new payee scam warning. This should really not be the case

3 Likes

I have created a thread here What would you like fixed\improved in the Monzo app?

As I think this is probably moving slightly away from the TestFlight discussion topic

1 Like

I did see that but put in here as a response to Robin as he was asking in here

@robinb this is the same for me ā€“ I run into this all the time, and itā€™s been frustrating for a long while now. As Iā€™ve banged on about in other threads, it also used to be possible in the iOS app to add notes to bank transfers, BACS payments etc but for some reason was removed. (And itā€™s still possible using the API).

1 Like

Ability to add notes to all transactions on ios

2 Likes

1 Like

Seems like another boring one.

Wonder what snags they hit with the open banking stuff

Maybe none? Itā€™s too much of an assumption for me that they ā€˜would haveā€™ but ā€˜didnā€™tā€™.

1 Like

Could be full of hidden goodies for all we know

Your use of multiple quotes has confused the hell out of me.

Could well be server side yet i suppose yeah. My point was more so its been almost 6ish weeks since testing of it, didnt think the turnaround would be that big unless some bugs were found