Temporary fee on pending transactions from Monzo?

I just had a look to double check this too :sweat_smile:

There’s a ‘Question this payment’ option that says it’s for transactions you remember making but think there may have been an error with.

3 Likes

I’m going to wait for HP to process my order, which should be soon I expect it to be dispatched by Monday.

They should then just take the £39 and the 4p should just drop back in to my available balance.

3 Likes

I wonder if there’s an internal currency conversion at HP that breaks if the rate changes at the wrong moment. ie. You buy something at £39, it goes into the ordering system at $51, then the reverse happens and but the rate has changed and they end up billing £39.04.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’d ever end up billing £38.96? And whether we would ever hear about it if they did.

3 Likes

I accepted the 4p as HP had given me a £10 discount due to not receiving the cartridges despite promises I would. I felt somewhat guilty asking about 4p as they’d given me £10. As stated I never received the cartridges so the pending amount wasn’t taken. TBH I thought it was a mistype by the HP agent so this post shows it wasn’t. I use Instant Ink now so won’t be ordering cartridges in the future.

2 Likes

HP Instant Ink used to have a free option, now it starts at 99p per month.

When this order arrives, I will get 2 months free Instant Ink and then will set up one of their monthly fee options, hopefully those will come without any temporary charges.

You’re right & the withdrawal of the free tranche caused much criticism from those that had subscribed to it. If you haven’t subscribed yet take care as they tried to give me only one free month & I pointed out that their marketing offered 2 free months which they honoured. I thought you had to subscribe first to get the free 2 months offer so I’m surprised you’re getting it before choosing your pages subscription.

2 Likes

So, all is now sorted and hopefully a new recurring payment for ink usage will run correctly too.

HP ran out of stock, the transaction automatically reverted on Wednesday, but the printer was delivery yesterday and then the correct £39 was deducted this morning.

As for the printer… it came with outdated Instant Ink offer info, printer setup printed out info page automatically it in German.

Needed to sign up within 7 days of printer setup to get free 2 months Instant Ink offer.

Used Monzo to cover the £1.99 per month charges as app sign up forced that option and I couldn’t click the 99p setting.

I did automatically get indicated I had 2 months free and at the 300 pages per month rate.

1 Like

That’s good. Let me know how you get on as I’ve only just subscribed and won’t be using Instant Ink until my own current purchased cartridges run out. I’m on £1.99 pm and that’s for 50 pages pm which includes 2 free months which I assume is also for 50 pages pm. Presumably you’ve subscribed to an HP account and can track your usage and it outlines your subscription?

2 Likes

Account management / usage tracking looks like this…

2 Likes

This is going off-topic so I’ll just leave it at this…

During the printer setup I applied for the Instant Ink on my phone and took this screenshot as a reminder since the 2 months @ up to 300 ppm free info was showing. Maybe it will only match the 50ppm I subscribed to but either way 2 free months is active.

It also has my Monzo card will get charged at my £1.99/month rate and says I pay nothing now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.