Tandem Bank chat

I can’t say I’ve really noticed…

1 Like

I’m on current iOS, and no Face ID here even though I’ve activated it in Main Settings.

Perhaps just on iPhone, and not iPad?

*checked, and software only designed for phones, not tablets.

1 Like

I think I just about understood each word individually, but when put together in this order the article seemed void of actual meaning.

More broadly: surely Tandem has to be on deathwatch as a company now?

1 Like

Depends if its ‘green’ angle takes off with good value products.

Otherwise surely an acquisition target for a company like Revolut as a short-cut to a banking licence?

Poor Tandem. More changes in direction than the waltzer. (Though the Membership idea was a stinker from the moment they thought it up.)

4 Likes

Good shout. I also wondered if their lending products might be of interest to Starting or Monzo?

I suppose it would have to be a distress purchase, though. No one would want to pay full whack right now, I imagine. Although, as you say, there might be a premium for Revolut to fast track a licence.

1 Like

It would be funny, in a way, if Revolut did buy them, considering that Tandem themselves bought Harrods Bank as a shortcut to a license years ago.

Revolut is almost the polar opposite of Harrods Bank, so who would have predicted that they might one day have morphed into operating under the same license?

3 Likes

:eyes:

5 Likes

Tandem Instant Saver rate increased to 0.65% today

2 Likes

There’s no mention of a bonus in the email, just says your rate is increasing from 0.4 to 0.65%

Either way, it’s still a depressingly low rate given that it’s market leading!

2 Likes

No bonus included it’s just a generic email to customers saying interest rate gone up

1 Like

I misread the footnote in the MSE newsletter, and the bonus mentioned actually applies to another account, not the Tandem one.

I will endeavour to delete my original post.

I appreciate your endeavour, but now I just look like I’m mad :crazy_face:

3 Likes

£395 fee added to each loan amount plus interest rates more than credit cards :exploding_head:

1 Like

That new logo.

I have no words

2 Likes

Three words: Starling. Brand. Colours.

:rofl:

4 Likes

And some weird “futuristic” logotype, something you’d come up with if the brief was “imagine what people thought the future would be 10 years ago”

2 Likes

Looks like whoever designed that has no concept about easy of use to reproduce afterwards.

How many other brands have ‘faded’ colours in the name like this logo? Not very many - because it’s a pain for the graphic designers to reproduce and everytime they need something printed out (professionally - signs, posters, annual reports etc.) it’s a nightmare for the printers to setup.

An old company I worked for actually changed the colours of their logo precisely because of this.

2 Likes

I actually really liked their old logotype and brand colours. They might’ve thought it’s getting old but I think that sort of colours/shapes is still in – more so than some weird retrofuturistic logo

2 Likes