Tail - cashback app for Monzo users

There is certainly potential for merchant by merchant authorisation if the API allowed for it, I think there may be plans for this in the future.

3 Likes

I think this is just an area where it’s each to their own.

If I can get good offers and a better experience as a consumer then sure, know that I visit Pret everyday and use Boots as my chemist.

I totally get why people want to keep this private, but then you just don’t download these kind of apps :slight_smile: (Until, of course, they have something sufficent for you!)

I can’t see Monzo going out of its way to make the API more convenient for Tail - isn’t pretty much exactly this on the Monzo roadmap?

Which, assuming it doesn’t report identities to the retailers, also sorts the privacy concerns; clearly we’re already trusting Monzo with the data.

Hey Oliver,

What we are offering is a little different from a traditional loyalty scheme (not to say that anything Monzo does is ever traditional), i.e. we’re not looking to add existing loyalty programs or get you 3% off high street stores, we’re more focused on getting value for you as a customer from retailers you might not visit frequently (or not at all). And if Monzo were to go down that route as well, there would still a place for Tail in further enriching your Monzo account - totally at your discretion, of course.

In regards to improving the API for us specifically, I was just mentioning a feature that is potentially already on their roadmap.

The more features like this Monzo implements the better apps like ours can be.

2 Likes

When can we expect a Monzo in-app integration with tail? i.e. set up tail from within the monzo app in a few taps.

1 Like

Tail is a standalone app, to activate Tail on your account all you do is download and sign in with Monzo. We prefer this to an in-app integration as our offers would quickly clutter your feed.

We will be available for Monzo users as soon as the API launches early next year.

1 Like

I think I signed up online…

Here’s a new interview with Phillip Keller and Harley Mount, CEO and co-founder of Tail respectively, on the 11FS podcast.

We ask them about Tail’s origin story, what the main pain points were with getting off the ground and what their future plans are. We also ask them what they think the future holds with open banking and which challengers they’d most like to work with next.

The particularly interesting questions for me were the benefits for merchants of partnering with Tail & how they’ve got on with collaborating with Monzo..

Spoiler - it’s going well :smiley:

2 Likes

We (probably) shouldn’t turn this into a feed of Tail news coverage but here’s a great overview of what makes the service great, that’s just been published by TechCrunch -

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see what pops up, nothing round Canary Wharf yet. Could encourage me to use my Monzo card instead of my BA Amex one.

IMG_6353

2 Likes

We are working on something in Canary Wharf as we speak, keep your eyes peeled!

6 Likes

Can you work on getting me in the beta please? :wink:

1 Like

Spaces are very limited until Monzo launches their API next year, but we are doing our best to get as many Monzo people onto Tail as possible

1 Like

I wanted to try but it asks me to sign in using Starling details, I don’t have a Starling account :eyes:

We just added Mother Clucker Canary Wharf! They are open every Friday and are quite popular: Image uploaded from iOS (3)

Last Friday these people were literally queuing in the rain for their chicken…and so were we.

1 Like

Hey Danny, at the moment we have only launched with Starling. We are currently running a Monzo Beta that will be available as soon as the API launches.

@anon72173902 I’ve got a Starling account (purely for testing of course) but everything in Tail is 100 miles away from Norwich!

@anon72173902 This is true, for now we are London based, but we are aiming to break out to the rest of the UK as soon as possible

Think you mean @Dunsford? :smile:

haha yea, just letting you know too