Tail - cashback app for Monzo users

But only via Starling right?

When it launches for Monzo I’ll be able to use my Curve and have points applied appropriately?

Also, is it currently only for London businesses? Looking to expand?

Curve currently works well with Starling, when we launch with Monzo it should also work the same.

We are in London only at the moment and will be expanding to the rest of the UK later this year.

1 Like

Nice to hear, had the app for a while but being in Norwich it’s not of much use!

haha don’t worry, we’re working on it!

Hopefully I can test it out for you, to make sure it works properly on Android before general release. :smirk:

1 Like

This is quite interesting - Tail just launched their retailer dashboard to enable retailers to target challenger bank’s customers with offers.

How it works

Tail allows you to promote offers to customers of our partner banks. Reach new customers, non-returning customers or focus offers on specific hours.

Targeted Advertising
  • Engage new customers by having offers available only to them.
  • Turn new customers into customers for life by automatically engaging those who haven’t returned.
  • Fill off-peak periods and after-hours with time-sensitive offers.
Easy Setup
  • No staff involvement or EPOS integration – simply log into your dashboard to create offers and track redemptions in real-time.
  • No paper, voucher codes or separate app needed - to redeem an offer, customers simply pay with their bank cards.
  • Everything works in the background. The customer pays full price at the till, we pass on your discount as cashback into their bank account and debit you at the end of the month.
Complete freedom & transparent pricing
  • No setup cost or contract.
  • Transparent, success-based pricing.
7 Likes

Interesting to see. Thanks for sharing.

This is where we need full transparency in the marketplace model, I think. Personally, I’d be unlikely to sell my data (which is effectively what this is), but others mileage will vary. But to make an informed choice people really do need to know what their data might be used for. (Facebook refers!)

2 Likes

Is Tail available for Monzo?

I don’t think so. @alexs?

1 Like

Yes but it’s a closed test. There’s more details earlier in the thread.

1 Like

My problem with Tail aside from only being available in London is the design of the app. It looks like the apps I used in the early days of Android, it makes the whole product look unprofessional.

1 Like

I signed up for this but ages ago but nothing happened :thinking:

Yes Danny, closed beta :slight_smile:

I signed up for the beta though :eyes:

Closed beta with a limited number of users :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pffft no fair :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Closed beta with a limited number of users named Alex Sherwood. :smile:

5 Likes

Don’t you worry, that beta should be opening up very soon: https://twitter.com/TailOffers/status/996734776513056769

2 Likes

I signed up ages ago and i think I did for BETA to but not had anything back, how can I check this?

Me too never got invited to beta