Tab bar half size after payment on iPhone X

(Peter Day) #1

Hi there! Forgive me if this has been bought up already but I’ve got an issue with Monzo on iPhone X. When you send a payment to someone, after tapping the category of the Payment the tab / menu bar becomes half sized every single time I’ve done it. Can provide screenshots if this helps? Only way to fix is to force close app and re open

Layout bug after sending someone money (bottom nav)
Bug Report: iPhone X Navigation Bar Overlapping
Bug: Navbar keeps bugging out
(Simon B) #2

Hi Peter! Thanks for letting us know. I believe our awesome iOS developers have already pushed a few fixes regarding display issues on the iPhone X, so you should expect to see this fixed in the next update :blush:

(Peter Day) #3

Hi simon that’s great! Glad it’s all getting fixed! Keep up the awesome work, loving what you guys do!

(Chris) #4

Hi Simon,

I just wanted to say this bug is still present. It occurs both after the account switch flow and after making a payment when the home screen re-loads.

This has happened on and off for the last month or so and is resolved by force-quitting the application.

This is on iOS 11.3.1, with an iPhone X.

Thanks,

Chris

(Anthony Smith) #5

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I have noticed a bug on the iphoneX, the navbar keeps bugging out. It’s still useable but just looks a bit broken. See screen grab

Thanks,

(Richard Cook) #6

Hey Anthony, thanks for reporting this.

Have you tried reinstalling the app? If it’s still looking the same after that, let us know and we’ll investigate further :mag_right:

(knows someone who knows Tom quite well) #7

I had that too but I haven’t seen it on the testflight version

(Anthony Smith) #8

great stuff I’ll give it a go. The bus isn’t static, sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn’t so I’ll let you know in a few days if it pops up again.

Thanks,

(Anthony Smith) #9

Hi, I deleted and reinstalled the app, it’s all been fine until I sent someone a payment. So it seems to do it after the payment has been sent. In fact I’ve just done some testing and to replicate the bug do the following:

• Open monzo app
  • Swipe up from the bottom on the iPhoneX to close the app
  • Open the app again
  • Pay the amount with Face ID
  • Input the card PIN number
  • On reload to main screen the Navbar bug should appear.

Running on iphoneX iOS 11.2.6 (15D100)
I also have the latest version of the Monzo app 1.9.27

I hope this helps! Also I realise not a lot of people are going to open and close an app before paying anyone and they can always close down the app fully and reopen again and it’s then fine

(Kevyn) #10

I see it all the time, well sporadically, since I got the iPhone X. @RichardR commented on it back at the beginning of January.

(Justin Seals) #11

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, always get a messed up screen after sending someone money, this is sending someone money through Monzo, and the fact it redirects you back to your Home tab but breaks the bottom navigation, I physically can’t click on anything, have to force close the app and open it again. Rather annoying.]

I’m on an iPhone X btw.

See picIMG_0761

(Hugh Wells) #12

Hey @Skylights :wave:

I’m really sorry to hear about this :disappointed:

So I can get this ticketed with the iOS team, could you confirm the device, iOS version and app version for me please? :raised_hands:

(Justin Seals) #13

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your reply.

iPhone X, iOS 11.3.1, Monzo 1.9.33.

Steps to recreate: Send anyone money via the Monzo app to another Monzo user, after payment it redirects you back to the homepage with the nav bug.

(Hugh Wells) #14

That’s really helpful, thanks! :raised_hands:

(Kevyn) #15

This has been reported many times. I think I did back in January. Apparently we were told it is an iOS bug.

(Terry) #16

I’ve reported it a number of times over the last few months too, it’s just never been fixed :frowning:

(Tom ) #17

I’m not sure that’s the same thing as what OP is reporting. I also reported the squished logo but have seen it happen in plenty of other apps too.

(Kevyn) #18

Where do I say squished logo? I talk about the bottom menu bar as the OP has posted a picture of.

(Tom ) #19

You don’t. :sweat_smile: But you posted a different unrelated bug in the “squished logo” thread.

(Tom ) #20

I’ve pulled three threads together here as they were reporting the same bug :bug: