Switch to Monzo and Help us Test the Current Account Switch Service

Friday the 13th :scream:

:wink:

4 Likes

Direct debits are in…first signs of life…

Great thanks, have put my name in as would like to test out partial switch, keeping the old account open. I didn’t realise it covered payments in too, but I guess it has to to be a true switch of accounts.

I might be wrong, but I think payments in are only covered if you’re doing a full switch. I might be wrong, though… @cookywook do you have anything authoritative on this?

Sorry, didn’t realise you meant partial. Incoming isn’t covered for that

https://www.bacs.co.uk/Services/accountswitchingservice/pages/accountswitchingservice.aspx

2 Likes

My partial switch from First Direct completed today. The flow to select which payments to switch was silky smooth, and I like the “Switch finished” message and screen.

Later in the day I got separate confirmations for 4 of the 7 transferred payments, which was a bit incongruous and confusing. Does that mean it wasn’t properly completed earlier? Why was there only a notification for some of the payments? These felt unnecessary.

Purely in the spirit of testing and constructive feedback :blush:

6 Likes

Just switched this morning, should I have received any confirmation or email or anything? The option to switch is still there, so just wondered if maybe I didn’t do it correctly?

Do you mean you opted to switch, or the switch has gone through? If the former, you should see a message in your feed tomorrow

Noticed one little :beetle:. Next button becomes active after 6 digits of account number… :wink:
How can I check porting process?;(

Are they picking people by random or when a user has filled in the form?

Random from what I understand

I just got excited thinking of had my invite but it was just an email suggesting that I put my salary into the account!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this, there was a small issue that prevented some confirmation feed items from being created! If you DM me your email address I can double check if it was created correctly (however you may have already received another feed item confirming that your switch has been approved by your old bank).

1 Like

Just waiting for my email now so I can close my Natwest account :wink: :clock1:

Only joined them for the £125 switch incentive, now Monzo is becoming my main bank :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I use Monzo as my main account but still have my wages paid into my TSB account. So the sooner I switch the better.

2 Likes

Got my £125 payment few days ago :slight_smile:
Awful bank. Will switch asap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got a screen with completion date - 19 April. No any other confirmation… only link to start another switch. That’s fine?

It sounds like everything has been setup correctly. Let me know if you have any other questions.

So, partial switcher here who has processed the changes. The new DDs and Standing Orders are showing in Monzo (albeit some of the DDs have weird spelling, as though it has cut off characters at the end of the description). I’m still not 100% sure if it has all been successful though. I don’t recall seeing confirmation it all went through. Does the fact they are showing in my payments screen mean they worked? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately we only receive the first 18 characters of the merchant name for Direct Debits switched using Current Account Switch Service, that being said it sounds like everything is progressing as normal. You should see a confirmation in the new few hours confirming that the switch is complete.

4 Likes