Switch from Santander rejected

Hi I recently tried to switch a Santander current account to Monzo but it was rejected by Santander - All details were entered correctly. I only have regular payments going into the Santander account but no Direct Debits - is there a requirement with Monzo for DD in the switch? Also is there a minimum monthly amount required to be paid in
Daveman

There are no minimums as far as I know.

It might be worth making sure you’ve entered your Monzo account details correctly. A lot of people get confused with the sort code.

You need to make sure your name and address matches exactly (including any middle names)

Also that your Santander debit card is current and not expired / expiring

Hi I activated the switch from the Monzo app so “assumed” details are correct :grinning:

Kind regards

Dave Reedman

Name and address matching exactly should be the only problem if you used the switch form in the Monzo app.

This is from the Current Account Switch website:

My new bank says I need to update my personal details with my old bank. Why?

If the details you provide to your new bank do not match those held by your old bank you may be asked to contact your old bank and update them. Examples include if you have got married and not changed your maiden name to your married name, or if you have moved house and not told your old bank your new address. When you are updating your details with your old bank you do not have to tell them that you will be switching to a new bank.

1 Like

What did Santander say?

Also sometimes an existing overdraft can cause a CASS issue

1 Like

Lets hope so :joy:

Hi The problem is probably the address - looks like a postal area address in one of the accounts

Kind regards

Dave Reedman

If one bank has an extra comma, or no space in the postcode it can cause issues. Easy enough to sort (in theory). :+1:

Hi No overdraft on the account - still waiting for a reply from santander :frowning:

Kind regards

Dave Reedman

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.