Supported cryptocurrency exchanges

Have you got an source on a lot of crypto is used in money laundering?

It’s the same post as above re criminals use crypto.

Not unless you like your laundry on public display.

:briefs: :womans_clothes::tshirt::dress::socks:

:man_facepalming: :rofl:

The vast vast amount of crypto is simply traded like stocks atm.

They will be cases of money laundering but again compared to using a bank it’s a non issue in reality.

It sounds good though.

There is no list that tells you what is accepted or isn’t.

Just tread carefully, make sure it’s for personal use only, you’re not buying and selling frequently and all earnings all declared to the taxman where necessary as well. The latter no so much but it’s better that you’re all above board and squeaky clean since most banks are pretty skittish about crypto.

End of topic.

We really don’t have to get into another heated debate on how crypto is or isn’t the future etc.

1 Like

Never heard of CoinLost.

Binance doesn’t have any bank deposit feature for GBP. They have debitcard but charges ~2% fee.

It’s a joke the name is Coinlist, I’ve used them for multiple coin launches. They are complete jokers and haven’t really got the capabilities to be doing ICOs

Never heard HMRC to tax on profits of crime. As HMRC wants part of your crypto profits, so it must be legal activity.

I didn’t say it was illegal :confused: I’m not sure I follow?

2 Likes

I tried CoinList before, but never gone past the queueing system they have. So never had to deposit anything with them. Were you able to buy anything of CoinLost?

If you ever need to the easiest way is via CELO FIL ALGO from another exchange and then convert to USDC. Unless you are doing big transfers that is then the network is not really an issue.

Criminals do use Crypto. Just go to any darknet market and you’ll find they aren’t buying and selling in euros. ISIS are well known to use crypto to move money as are most other terrorist groups.

It doesn’t matter really whether that’s a majority of crypto or a small proportion, the problem is at least a sizeable number of coins will have passed through these money laundromats, and there’s really no easy way for the bank to know if the money they are sending to an exchange is going to be part of that. If even £1 is sent that ends up being part of a money laundering or terrorist financing scheme then the bank could be committing a crime. No wonder they are extremely wary of doing so.

Nope :upside_down_face: been in Casper, Covalent and Efinity with no luck. Casper required transfer before then they changed after that was chaos.

That’s what I’ve said

The vast vast proportion buying and selling crypto is the normal person on street, they are your next door neighbour. There’s always going to be a tiny slice using it for criminal activity.

It’s in the banks interest to peddle that it’s a real concern for them to block this innovation.

Yes and what I said is that is somewhat irrelevant. Banks have a duty to know where money is going which is very hard to achieve with crypto. And criminals do use it. It’s high risk for them.

I’m leaving the echo chamber to it’s self from here on out :upside_down_face::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There’s no echo chamber here.

There’s basically me just trying to point out that saying the following doesn’t help the cause.

It’s just regurgitating the same propaganda that just reinforces the reputation.

Crypto is used by criminals

Crypto is used for fraud

Crypto is used for money laundering

All of these are true but it’s a tiny slice of the pie.

You get one person reading that and then going off to another post re crypto and spouting the same lines as if everyone involved in crypto is a criminal.

I’m fully aware that banks see it as high risk and their money laundering regulations mean that they need to be cautious over crypto because it can cost them financially if they are deemed letting it happen under their watch.

Exactly that’s why everyone keeps saying them :sweat_smile:

Hang on the rest of the line please :joy:

Banks are used by criminals

Banks are used for fraud

Banks are used for money laundering

Also true, and also a tiny slice of the pie. Banks are established and part of common society so the impact on someone repeating those lines elsewhere just makes them look odd.

Oh crypto? Yeah I’ve heard that’s used by criminals and everyone uses it for money laundering.

Because it’s new and developing and the scepticism is high then it takes less for people to believe it and regurgitate it.

Uh oh he comes @Revels :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Banks can block crypto. The rest is fire fighting.

I thought I’d join in to save your repeating yourself over and over and over.

2 Likes

I was expecting something completely different. :sweat_smile:

Never been to darket market. Can they not use GBP or USD instead of crypto?

Do they convert crypto into USD to buy the misiles?

Had govt not been printing infinite amount of money, Satoshi Nakamato won’t have written that bitcoin paper and we will still be living with fiat.

But without cryptos, would the world have been criminal free?

Ok this is where I step off :rofl: :wave:

@fiz this has gone on a tangent from your initial request. My apologies for any derail but continuing this isn’t healthy