Support window should open in Conversations tab

This is only minor but…every time I need to pick up on a conversation that I’m having with support, when I open the (Intercom) chat window via the Chat With Customer Support button, it opens in the Mondo Team tab & I have to swipe from the left or click the back arrow to navigate to my existing conversations.

This slows users down unnecessarily & Mondo can change this (other apps using Intercom open in Conversations).

Since new conversations can be started from the Conversations tab, there’s no downside to opening Intercom there instead…

Hey Alex! Yep, unfortunately that’s an Intercom limitation :frowning: We’ve asked them to allow us to modify it but at the moment, that’s not looking likely…

2 Likes

Oh ok, I guess it’s only the in-browser (desktop) window that (definitely) can be set to open in the conversations view, my bad.

Thanks for letting me know!

For what it’s worth, I’ve just sent a tweet to Intercom about this, please :heart: it to show that this matters to Mondo users!

Hi folks, Conor from the Messenger team at Intercom here. We offer the ability to open the Messenger directly to the conversation list or directly to the composer, as well as the default opening method. Is there anything I can do to help you get this set up the way you want it?

4 Likes

That’s awesome Conor :slight_smile: I’ll pass it on (I could well be wrong and we decided not to do that for some reason…in which case, sorry, my bad) Will update too here :smiley:

(Sidenote, I love this forum!)

1 Like

What we’d really love (just being greedy :wink: ) is one single-threaded conversation so people don’t need lots of individual conversations :slight_smile:

To be fair, I can already just carry on a conversation once the first issue that I’ve raised has been resolved. But I’m guessing you mean that there should be no need for a conversations tab at all?

Personally I like being able to keep some conversations separate as it’s easier to follow at times but maybe that’s just me :slight_smile:

As for -

This is great!

1 Like

We like keeping the conversations separate too :smile: we’ve found it’s the better option of the two as it can get a bit muddled when you force everything into one conversation thread.

2 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense. I can imagine it becoming a bit of a behemoth in one thread :thinking:

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be nice if the company had the ability to decide for themselves… if you followed suit with other open source client libraries.

Oh well.

1 Like

I do like how revolut has the chat to and has one that single chat with all messages inside it easier to keep track of stuff shame there no delete treads.

I can’t see us open-sourcing our entire SDK any time soon, but advanced UI customisation is on our roadmap.

1 Like

That will never be good enough - you surely realize that? :thumbsdown:

@billinghamj

@ronocod has joined this conversation as a third party provider to offer a solution to an issue that a single user of his client’s app has raised. That’s pretty impressive.

If your comments aren’t constructive - & they don’t seem to be, to me - I’m not sure what you’re hoping to achieve here…the Mondo forum’s probably not the place where your complaints about a separate company not open sourcing their software are going to be addressed.

1 Like

I agree that it’s good we finally have a response, but this issue has been raised by multiple people for quite a while now. Anyway, this is good news :blush:

Hey Tristan, have you had a chance to get some feedback on this?

So we actually had already decided that that wasn’t as good for users :see_no_evil: My bad, sorry! Definitely something we’re happy to revisit though :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update & no worries.

It would be great if you could revisit this. I could be missing something but I think there’s a simple way to rationalise which tab the window should open in -

If the majority of users who open the support window start a new conversation, it should open in the existing screen.

If the majority of users who open the window navigate to the (existing) conversations tab, that’s where the window should open. And since most queries aren’t solved with one reply (as a general rule, across all companies), I’m guessing the existing conversations tab is used the most.

If it’s a pretty even split between the two tabs, opening in the conversations tab should ‘win’ because there’s the option to start a new conversation from that tab anyway.

I’m probably more techy than the average person but I think the UI’s pretty clear, when the user needs to figure out how to start a new conversation -

Thanks for putting up with me banging on about this too!