Support chat reply app notification instead of email

Just wondering is it possible to set intercom (support chat) to notify us of replies via app notifications instead of email?

1 Like

it does on Android​

2 Likes

I’ve received notifications sporadically on iOS too but I’d like to receive them every time so a setting to enable this would be useful.

1 Like

Intercom tends to have problems with reliably sending iOS push notifications. Sometimes you need to just re-upload the push notification certificate to them.

In that case it seems, Monzo have opted for the safe approach to notify us iOS users via email. Still annoying though as I really dislike email.

You should be notified in app :thinking: I’ll try and test to confirm we haven’t broken this though!

1 Like

Just to be clear, I’ve received app notifications while I’m not in the app in the past too but don’t anymore.

Same as @alexs for me. I now only receive notifications via email. I may sometimes get an immediate reply before I can click the close the button on the chat window (kudos btw :heart_eyes:), but never noticed in app notifications. I’ve set mine to banners, which auto-dismiss after a few seconds, instead of alerts. Although my notification centre or lock screen doesn’t show any app based replies from support.

Intercom + Zendesk might be a good combination:

Looks like we accidentally broke this! :see_no_evil: Thanks for reporting it. I think it’s been fixed now so you should receive them again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup, just received my first in app support notification :blush:

2 Likes