[Android] Summary Tab 'pots section' confusing

Issue:
Summary Tab Pots information is incorrect on Android and iOS

Details to reproduce:
Have some money in a pot. Reset the day of the month (i.e. start a new month via some incoming transaction). Cack your pants when the summary page says you have £0 in pots, but then see that it is still present on the Account tab.

(iOS example slightly different - Summary Tab shows money is in pots, but account tab shows they’re empty)

Device: Fairphone 2 / iPhone 6s
App Version: 2.3.1 / 2.3.0

Screenshots: 36307581_10155603003912688_5675642360738873344_n36312992_10155603003862688_2662638350652932096_n

The summary just tells you what you’ve done and are doing this month. So because you havnt transferred anything into pots this month, it shows no pot transactions. If you look at last month in the summary you’ll see your pot transactions from when you did it.

1 Like

Yup, that’s correct. Summary is all about where money is coming from and going each month.

2 Likes

Ok, this makes sense…but you can see how this is not expected behaviour to a new user (and it requires explanation).

I’m a new user (clearly!) and had only interacted with pots on the summary tab (tapping on them and then withdrawing etc.), so panicked when the new month began and my pots weren’t there. Since this isn’t a bug, I’d probably turn it into feedback/UX feature request to make this functionality clearer (without the need for explanation).

That said, it’s clear now it’s been explained.

1 Like

Thanks! We have a different design for the Pots section of Summary that is on our list to implement. It shows how much is added to and withdrawn from each pot, so hopefully it’s a bit clearer that it’s all about movements and not balances.

4 Likes