Summary period from last < weekday > of month (eg: last Friday of the month)

I feel your pain guys :weary: this doesn’t personally affect me, but my pay schedule wasn’t supported in summary a few months ago and it was a nightmare trying to use summary effectively.

Hopefully this gets back on the roadmap as the “last Friday of the month” (or last X day) was definitely on the roadmap a little while ago.

2 Likes

Hope so, this would make the experience so much better for me and others who have the same pay schedule. I think it’s pretty common…

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me then! It’s so much more logical to me to budget from the point the money arrives to the point the next money arrives!

Unless of course the lovely folks at Monzo could simply arrange for all months to be the same whole number of weeks!

2 Likes

If really love this feature added too. My new job pays last Friday of every month and it’s a pain to have to manually change it every month.

1 Like

Is this still being worked on? Unfortunately, Summary is of no use to me until this is done. I’ve resorted to using Emma (not @Rat_au_van) which whilst great, I’d rather stay within Monzo for my monthly budgeting.

4 Likes

Just replying to say I really want this feature too.

Another handy feature would be just starting a new period each time x amount is deposited into the bank account. So if I know my pay each month is £2210.44, I can just set that as my pay and each time that amount is deposited a new period is started.

Either or, I don’t really mind.

1 Like

Yes please this feature would be a massive help!

1 Like

Should be able to do what Emma does and select a payment which is your wages and then it can just start a new period whenever that hits your account. Just no good way of dealing with this atm. Painful.

1 Like

Its genuinely really frustrating at this point that we don’t have a ‘Last Friday of every month’ option.

This month I can’t set a payment period between 26th April and 31st May. So everything is inaccurate.

It ruins the summary section for me.

Can we please please have an update to see if this is being worked on at all? I swear so many people are in the same boat as me.

1 Like

If you read up the thread ten or so posts you’ll see it isn’t being worked on at the moment.

1 Like

My payment schedule is 28th of every month unless the 28th is a weekend then it’s the friday before the 28th. Agree that Summary needs to deal with these varying pay schedules in order to be really useful

This is the same as my payment schedule and it works fine? If you select 28th, then “working day before”, you should be good to go.

Thank you. It didn’t used to work but I must have missed an update!

Edit: just found this and set it up. Big help!

1 Like

I about to start feeling the pain, new job pays on the last Thursday of every month. There’s a vote from me!

Just adding to this. I’m on a last working Friday of the month schedule too so the Summary feature doesn’t work well for me.

1 Like

Summary will work fine for you. It will just be a couple of days out every month. I get paid on the same day.

1 Like

For some months it’s ok. But then there are months like October this year when it’s 6 days out from the Friday to the end of the month. I like to know exactly what is left at the end of the month. If it works for others that’s great, but I’d rather it was accurate.

2 Likes

Yes, I too would like to vote for this, I get paid on the last Friday of the month and my wife gets paid on the last Wednesday of the month. Would be great if this feature could be added.

This is the only reason I haven’t fully migrated to Monzo for my main bank account, HSBC’s connected app allows me to do this so I can use the features… However if this is functionality that is added to Monzo 100% I would move all my income and outgoings into my Monzo account.

Monzo lets get this added :grin:

2 Likes

The only way I see this working is moving away from using dates or days and using the sender, the reference, or the amount (enhanced by using <> and *) which can then be used to trigger events. Dates just don’t work!

My pay amount varies each month and I get paid the day before the last working day, but the sender info and reference is always constant!