Summary - Feedback thread

Oh absolutely

1 Like

So I get paid the last Friday of every month and find it so frustrating that the app calculates that I will be paid on that exact same date the following month, which messes up my spending forecast. There needs to be a feature to allow you to input your next pay date on the calendar so the app can forecast accurately.

14 Likes

This

This! A monthly annoyance.

Iā€™m paid the last working day, so it changes each month!

4 Likes

Yeah mines the same this month itā€™s today (yay) 29th a Friday, whereas next month itā€™s on the 31st a Tuesday would be great if it would automatically detect this

Fixing this doesnā€™t seem to be on the roadmap. Itā€™s really stopping me from going full Monzo because it throws off the summary and makes the feature a bit useless. Iā€™m the last working day of the month. I see others are 4 weekly. There has to be more options!

2 Likes

Have you seen this?

https://community.monzo.com/t/summary-feedback-thread/38572/700

5 Likes

Thank you! Any idea of a timescale yet? WIP is a little vague without it being on the roadmap.

2 Likes

No idea at all Iā€™m afraid but if itā€™s got that far itā€™s not going to be something they put to the side an forget about

Will a :soon: reassure you? :grin:

1 Like

Yup thatā€™ll appease me for another couple of weeks at least!

3 Likes

I would need a ā€œlast but oneā€ option!

Any update on fixing the circle when people pay you back via bank transfer?

If not, is there a solution to this that doesnā€™t require my friends/family to be on Monzo?

Monzo.me works if you can get them to use that

Iā€™m still finding summary useless months on. Iā€™m constantly running out of money despite always having money left over. It doesnā€™t help me understand my spending at all.

Feels like Monzo is forgetting some of the basics at the moment. It canā€™t even categorise Asda petrol from Asda despite the merchant names showing up differently.

6 Likes

Personally, I find Emma (which has Monzo) integration a better alternative to the native functionality in Monzo. I expect Emma will be acquired further down the line- can only hope its Monzo.

1 Like

I used Emma in the past but I like the idea of it all being in one place.

I do trust Monzo to get this right eventually. Perhaps an update on whatā€™s happening with Summary would be good @Jami @cookywook I know a little while ago editable end dates were mentioned.

I think a big gain, and perhaps it already does this is to learn from spending habits from previous months.

The start of the month has big expenditures. Bills, savings, purchases Iā€™ve been waiting till payday for. Then it massively fails off. So for the 23 odd days itā€™s tellinb me Iā€™ll run out of money, actually Iā€™m on track.

8 Likes

Forgive me if Iā€™ve missed it, but do we know when weā€™re going to see this functionality (maybe in labs)? :smiley:

6 Likes

Weā€™re working on it at the moment! :grinning:

12 Likes

Great news! Can you share how far though you are? Are these just designs, or do you have working prototypes?

3 Likes

Woohoo! Thanks for the update @jexyla :smiley:

3 Likes