Summary - Feedback thread

Doesn’t screen 102.B have an option for “Last Thursday of every month”, which would sort people paid on “the Thursday before the last Friday of every month” (unless they mean the second to last Thursday of every month).

…could be either the last Thursday of the month, or the penultimate Thursday if the last day of the month is a Thursday.

1 Like

Ah. That really is confusing. I guess the ability to manually set a Summary end date would sort all these outlier cases.

2 Likes

That’s such a sadistic take on payroll. Why would anyone think that’s the best way to pay folk?!

5 Likes

Looks great :raised_hands: good work

Some people get paid weekly😉 I don’t see why you would not just include more? Like the “when do you get paid” option where you can be really specific why not have that for the how often part?

Some people get paid weekly and every other week? Not just four-weekly and monthly

1 Like

Isn’t this what AI is all about? Why couldn’t you flag your salary a few times and allow AI to work it out auto-magically?

3 Likes

Yep - but Summary doesn’t use machine learning at the moment.

1 Like

Woops! I meant, before if it’s a holiday.

I’d love to have this feature too :raising_hand_man:t2:

I’ve been using Plum, which regularly saves money to an external account using Direct Debit. I’d like to automatically exclude these transaction from Summary as the money is not technically spent. (I’m aware this might not make sense to some people but it works for me.)

Brilliant! So glad this is being done! I’ve needed this since day one of using monzo. The proposed interface looks great. Can’t wait to see it live. Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Can this not be done automatically for the majority of us, maybe present a “we think you get paid… the last Friday of the month”
As an initial screen, then if it’s incorrect have the additional steps to fine tune it.

5 Likes

Yes, definitely :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So do you have to move money from your pot into main account every time you want to pay for something?

If it’s a purchase beyond what I would on a typical week, yeah!

I keep my direct debits all in a different account (for now), but theres 1 or 2 that come out from monzo. I just do a weekly transfer from pot to main account, but then I also might move money around during the week, depending on what is happening

Is it so that you don’t have the temptation to spend it? If so, I understand the motivation. Just a shame to miss out on Summary functionality…

On the original post, would it be possible to add another category to Summary, please? ‘Household’ or something along those lines for stuff like wall paint, hoover bags, door handles and other DIY/home improvement stuff? I currently can’t fit it into any category and don’t want to clog up ‘General’ or ‘Expenses’ … Thanks!

EDIT: Would also be quite useful to add a ‘School’ or ‘School Fees’ category.

4 Likes

A “household” category would be a very welcome addition!

3 Likes

summary is still lacking any time frames other than a full month, loads of people get paid weekly, fortnightly and 4 weekly.
Any chance we can get conformation if changeable summary duration will be added and if so some sort of estimate?

If you scroll up a bit a preview was shared of what’s currently being worked on to solve this

https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business5/uploads/monzo/optimized/3X/f/8/f8d44f609f8430b17fb5883b26a77c50cfcdf1ea_1_690x187.png

2 Likes