Summary - Feedback thread

Does anyone know if there are plans to have flexibility around income dates? I get paid on the last working day of each month so my summary is normally not correct!

5 Likes

Itā€™s something thy are looking to improve on yes, a lot of people ask for this

Honestly i find summary to be rather annoying without it allowing me to set an end dateā€¦ constantly out by a few days meaning my predictions are off. Anyone else like that?

7 Likes

Iā€™m praying to the Monzo Gods that theyā€™re closer to cracking the whole payday prediction. Itā€™s the only thing I consider to not function as expected in Summary.

Iā€™d kinda want to know the progress on this as it is sorta a central part to Summary.

3 Likes

I absolutely agree with actually setting your ā€˜endā€™ date, but also acknowledge everything else that is going on and Iā€™m very happy in the knowledge that it WILL come :+1:

3 Likes

Dittoā€¦

Dittoā€¦

Itā€™s something I believe should have been sorted as a priority as with this Summery would work amazing for most peopleā€¦ but with this missing its always out by a few daysā€¦

1 Like

Wondering if anyone has this set up but say I have a bill set up as a direct debit, itā€™ll show up in my committed spending in Summary which is fine.

Now if this bill is to be split with someone and that someone decides to pay me via a standing order, would I see the bills section in Summary credited with how much I received? I understand that credits are iffy with non-Monzo transfers and it works fine if another Monzo user pays me via MonzoMe but would the same happen if they pay me via a standing order?

Donā€™t think so - Summary hasnā€™t really been designed to factor in people paying you back for things. Hopefully itā€™ll come after they sort out the pay day issue (which seems to be the main issue for most people right now)

2 Likes

Hey,
Would anyone else benefit from being able to set summery to work weekly instead of monthy?

What @robboadam said is correct. It doesnā€™t subtract bank transfers or standing orders yetā€¦ another missing part of Summary

Hi @Jami ,

Not sure if a bug or not :man_shrugging:

I had to set my salary payment again as it came through on a different date this month and itā€™s been like this since:

1 Like

Hey - is your upcoming committed spending greater than your current balance?

1 Like

Oh yeah my bad thank you, :see_no_evil: the reasonā€¦ itā€™s presumed my one off super high Amex bill this month will be the same next time when in fact its about Ā£1800 less. What would you say is the best way to deal with one off issues like this?

3 Likes

Ah! Thatā€™s an interesting one. I think the only option right now, would to be to turn off prediction Amex this month, and then turning it back on again next month. Something more flexible/nuanced is needed here longterm.

7 Likes

Need a fortnight frequency options or even custom. image

4 Likes

I saw one idea mentioning the summary but I feel it would be more beneficial if we could also set the budget start date for each month to match our salary pay day. Itā€™s pretty much impossible to track salary Month on month spending if you get paid at the end of the month as the Monzo budget tab thinks youā€™ve blown your budget when in fact youā€™ve just started.

Iā€™m toying with the idea of moving my salary to Monzo as opposed to a standing order which transfers ā€œspending moneyā€ each month but for me and I feel many others this feature needs to be implemented.

Monzo has come on leaps and bounds so hopefully this is one that can be addressed quickly to greatly improve the user experience

You can select any inbound payment over Ā£200 to start your Summary start date from.

On the summary tab, click at the top, and then click ā€˜Changeā€™

Hi @Georgefolarin ,

Iā€™ve moved your post here as this feature already exists within Summary :raised_hands:t3: Itā€™s nice to keep all the chatter together for easy reading.
As @Toblerone explains the option should be there for you :slight_smile: