Summary - Feedback thread

Shame it’s not on the big list for more visability

Wouldn’t it come under parity?

Edit: maybe not looking at the fingerprint thread, but it should

1 Like

It should do yeah but according to this :arrow_right: https://monzo.com/blog/2018/07/05/fingerprint-pay-android/ they are both up to speed with each other now.

I don’t think that improved search is on the horizon for Android. Although I’d be super happy to be corrected on this by those in the know! @simonb :wink:

Not in the short term, no.

1 Like

In that case “bring android fully up to speed with iOS” from the big list is quite a deceptive statement.

6 Likes

Now that we can toggle certain spending as “committed spending” (yay), here’s my feedback on how to make the Summary tab even better:

-We can split spending in three ways: spending, committed spending and excluded, which is great. But income all gets lumped into one. So if I have a large lump sum coming into my Monzo account (now that I’ve gone full Monzo) and I transfer it out to a savings account, I can exclude the outgoing, but my “income” for that month is messed up. Why not let us exclude certain inbound payments?

-Talking of exclusions, it’s great in the current month, but when I use the buttons at the top to see previous months’ spending, my exclusions are back into my “spending” total. That’s counterintuitive - in the app, “money out” or “spending” appears to mean something different depending on whether I’m looking at the current month or previous months.

-Some months capture two months’ income because my pay date varies by a day or two.

1 Like

Summary now is perfect for me :yum:

I transfer money weekly/fortnightly and with setting the monthly budget, based on what I know I will be transferring over, it’s actually green and isn’t forecasting impending doom :astonished:

Great job :+1:

4 Likes

Do we know what’s next on the Summary fix list? Still a few issues for me.

Like the new total budget feature, but unfortunately I can’t set my own amount. The app suggests £802 and I can go up or down by £5, but I want to set it to £800, very frustrating!

2 Likes

I also love the way categories I’ve spent money in are ALL shown under spending and the greyed out ones are hidden by the ‘more’ button. Big improvement!

However can we have the less button back please :laughing: I have a tendency to press ‘more’ even though everything under it is greyed out. But once I’ve pressed it, there’s no way to collapse it again?! Bring back the ‘less’ button!

If you tap on the amount, you should be able to enter your own.

1 Like

If I tap on the amount I have the option to reset to a typical budget, or disable. But I can’t put my own custom amount. I can only change it in increments of £5 up or down. Using iOS

Ah, sorry. I was referring to the Android app.

I found that hitting reset it bounces it back to a round number which you can then adjust to get what you’re after.

1 Like

I don’t think this is ideal though. We should just be able to type a number, surely?

It was still easier before with the drill down from summary, but thanks that helps a lot!

1 Like

The main thing left for me is being able to set the month end date, being paid on a calendar date each month means this is never the same each month for me so would manually need to change this each month to adjust to being paid early because of bank hols and weekends

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned or if I can get this information elsewhere. The summary screen shows I might run out of money before the end of the month but doesn’t tell me by how much. Is it a case of moving £20 in from a pot or £200. Does this show anywhere on Android?

I would love to know what Summary has done to the metric of how often people open the app.

I’ve gotten into the habit of opening the app every day, just to have a look at the ‘left over’ number in Summary:

2 Likes