Summary - Feedback thread

Hi,

My pay day is different every month depending on what day the last working day of the month is. The summary page is great but not always representative because of this - can we set it so it’s got the last working day of the month option that automatically calculates it each month?

Thanks

1 Like

Apparently this is being worked on…

Hi. Moved this to the main Summary thread to keep the discussion together

1 Like

Still getting the bug where it says spending befor clicking into summary.

Anyone else able to say whats changed in version 2.1.0?

So I was paid today (:raised_hands: yay).

I’m paid on the last working day of the month, so for my first month of using Summary, Monzo had my month as 30th April - 28th May. This was wrong as it should have run from 30th April to 30th May.

Today, after being paid I manually selected my salary and Monzo readjusted the previous month from 30th April to 30th May. #win.

A couple of observations:

• Monzo now has automagically assessed that my pay month will be 31st May to 29th June. Amazing - except that it’s actually until the 28th, with the new period starting 29th.
  • Targets appears to have disappeared with the new month (they’re not there under the Spending heading like they used to be :frowning:)

Looking forward to the DD integration in committed spend - and to seeing future stuff in the feed, though!

1 Like

If this has been said before sorry! when you click on the categories it doesn’t give you an accurate total of how much you’ve spent. You can see a rounded amount of how much you’ve spent which is great however when clicking the category seeing a real total would be nice. Eg: I’ve spent around £147 on travel this month but when clicking the category I’d love to see the exact amount which would be £147.24. PS I need to charge my phone lol :sob: Monzo

1 Like

Update: reinstalling the app didn’t help, but going into the targets screen and tweaking the figures brought it back to life. (I also found a cool feature where if you long tap on a target from that screen it’ll tell you your average spend on it).

@Jami, is this Targets problem a known bug?

I’m struggling with Summary.

My mortgage and council tax just went out (big expenses I’m fully prepared for…) and now it’s teling me I won’t have any money for the rest of the month, which I know is not true!. I’ve ended up putting them in excluded… but is this right? That doesn’t seem to be the best way to do things but at least the circle is more accurate now!

1 Like

They are working on making the summary more flexible for those who make large payments soon after their salary comes in

1 Like

Nice. I must have missed that being posted on here?

It’s definitely somewhere in this thread. I have a similar problem, rent + all my DD get paid the day after payday so I’m always “going to run out of money” but am never anywhere near doing so. Hopefully this update comes soon

1 Like

I’m avoiding Summary altogether. So many basics that Monzo should be focussing on and perfecting rather than this. I thought they had acknowledged in the blog that they have missed the basics. I imagine joint accounts to will be fired out too in the near future with a bunch of glitches - with the basics still overlooked.

@tomsr

Hi Tom,

Start of a new month, and my bills went out on the first, and then some incoming money for those bills I have assigned to bills doesn’t deduct itself from my monthly spending…my bills category doesn’t include the incoming money. Funnily enough the incoming money has bizarrely gone into committed spending (when it’s income, not outgoings!) - whereas none of my actual committed spending (mortgage, bills etc) have gone into committed spending.

No idea what is going on, but I genuinely don’t think I’ll bother ever opening the spending tab again!

1 Like

I know it is in the works but I can’t get over how much of an oversight the “left to spend June 1st - 30th” value is. Just because I have a high balance, doesnt mean I want to spend that. If I had £5k on day 1 and £200 left on day 30 I would still be green!

What is worse is that this is a regression as there was an overall target feature before, which has now gone.

Looking forward to the improvements as I do like the idea. Get those DDs and bills in the actual bills section too!

11 Likes

Completely agree!

Perhaps @Jami might be able to get some good info from you on this - all of this feedback helps the guys at Monzo develop the product and make it better.

Hey Justin,

This sounds pretty odd.

Can you let me know the following:

• How did you pay your bills, Direct Debits or Scheduled Bank Transfers / Standing Orders? (Currently only Standing Orders go into Committed Spending, we’re testing Direct Debits internally).
  • How were you paid back, via Bank Transfer, Standing Order, Peer-to-Peer payments?
  • Are the people that paid you back on Monzo?

Thanks!

‘Spending report’ feedback

The ‘Money in’ value in the ‘Spending report’ seems to be the starting balance and any money transferred in. But surely ‘Money in’ should be only the money transferred in?

1 Like

@Jami

• I pay my bills via DD (mortgage, maintenance etc) doesn’t everyone?
  • I was paid back via a scheduled payment setup by my GF in Monzo and who uses Monzo too

All rather odd.

Thanks for this.

Direct Debits will still fall into Spending for now, they’ll go into Committed Spending soon (we’re just testing it internally at the moment).

I think the problem here is our system is seeing your girlfriend’s standing order to you, and classifying it as Committed not just for her, but for you too, which is a bug. We’ll fix it up.