Suits Me Prepaid Account

Saw this rated 9.8 “bank”

What do you guys think

2 Likes

What makes you think it’s a scam?

Seems fully legitimate to me, suitable for people with a CIFAS marker, or a questionable credit history potentially.

2 Likes

Not everything that charges more money than expected is a scam. The screenshots you posted have nothing in them to suggest that this would be a scam at all – are you privy to any other info?

1 Like

That’s fair, I think maybe I just thought that because they charge you money for ATM withdrawals in the U.K., I thought it was a scam

Monzo will charge for ATM withdrawals in some circumstances.

5 Likes

Charging for things does not make it a scam. It makes it a poor competitor to other non-charging alternatives. However, for many people, this will be the only bank option they’d be able to use due to the lack of credit checks etc.

Charging != SCAM.

6 Likes

If anything, top10mobilebanks.com sounds like a scam

5 Likes

I hope everything on that list is correct or someone will be sending a strongly worded email.

5 Likes

Who? :eyes:

I’m not thinking of signing up (yet)

tenor-765314131

4 Likes

After looking at the website it actually looks decent especially for those who can’t get a regular bank account or even new to uk.

1 Like

pe7eu

That’ll confuse anyone under 35
7 Likes

Exactly :grin:
That’s how I heard about Suits me in 2016.
My housemate had an account as she was new in the UK and couldn’t open a Lloyds bank account yet :grimacing:

2 Likes

It’s for people without POA or with fraud issues as there’s no credit check. In return you get a prepaid card & fees that banks usually take on the chin with a view to cross sell you credit or investment products.

2 Likes

Came across this ‘bank’ earlier today. Does anyone else think that the ‘Suits Me Money Makers’ looks like a MLM scheme. There is another word for it but for some reason. I can’t remember it but it does make me think of Egypt.

1 Like

I saw a Suits Me advert a year or so ago on the tube and when I looked them up they looked like cowboys and I didn’t want the card badly enough to give them personal details.

But blimey… pyramid scheme much?

Suits Me® Money Makers - Suits Me®.

Makes me wonder who funds the up to £60 per referral…

2 Likes

Multi-Level-Marketing. I know it as 3D marketing.

The main level proposition no - I think they are just an ambitious FinTech that will almost certainly not see the end of 2024. There’s nothing different about them, and to be honest they give me Viola Black vibes so even if the card had a built in disco light I still wouldn’t give them any of my details.

However, this prompted me to go and look at their ‘money makers’ scheme - that’s got to be a pyramid marketing scheme. I’m actually surprised the FCA allows that.

4 Likes

I keep seeing adverts for this Pyramid scheme on the tok, it’s about as scummy as those fake game adverts

1 Like

I’m pleased it isn’t only me who thinks it is, shall we say’ a tad ‘iffy’.

3 Likes