Suggestion for renaming COps role

No doubt you will, I’ll be the one making a nuisance of myself :rofl:

If COps rolls are going to be renamed to anything, they should be changed to COps barms.

Anyone who thinks differently is perfectly entitled to their incorrect opinion. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You’re best sorting this in private. I’m sure your squad leader can advise as well (or whatever they’re called now).

Hope you had a good first day :slight_smile:

Whatever name they decide they will always be customer services

Squad captain :wink:

1 Like

Do they report in their turn to a Squad Commodore? Or Squad Admiral?

Squad Squadron Leader?

Sadly not, that role has the rather more prosaic title of ‘Squad Captain Manager’

:cry:

That’s a shame.

1 Like

engineer ( plural engineers )

1. A person who is qualified or professionally engaged in any branch of engineering.

engineering ( usually uncountable , plural engineerings )

1. (uncountable) The application of mathematics and the physical sciences to the needs of humanity and the development of technology.

As if telecoms companies’ technicians and white goods manufacturers’ warranty replacement part fitters all being labelled ‘engineers’ weren’t enough, this trend for ‘everyone at a hip tech company is an engineer of some kind’ is just weird to me. What else, Hiring & Payroll Engineers? Cleanliness Engineers? Lunchtime Sustenance Engineers?

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You know… you can work for a hip tech company and be an ACTUAL engineer… speaking professionally as an engineer of course who works for a hip tech company…

Of course you can, I said nothing to the contrary.

(If I wasn’t also one myself I probably wouldn’t have a bee in my bonnet about being told an ‘engineer’ will come and replace the glass door on my oven, etc. :wink:)