Subscription payment on a virtual card with a custom category does not show in spending summary

Issue:
Where a subscription payment from a company is debited to a virtual card and assigned to a custom category, the payment does not show in the spending summary.

Details to reproduce:
Create a virtual card. Create a custom category. Spend some money with a company using a virtual card and assign that payment to a custom category. Create a subscription with that company. The next time they request a subscription payment from the virtual card, the payment does not show in the spending summary.

Android

Device:
Motorola G9

App Version:
Monzo 3.79.0
Android 10 QPX30.30-Q3-38-69

Screenshots:

Is it showing in ‘committed spending’ at the bottom of summary?

If you’ve marked it as a subscription I think that’s where it will be.

2 Likes

Alright. Sorry. Yes it does. I didn’t understand how it works. I can’t work out how to delete the thread.

2 Likes

No need to be sorry and no need to delete. It’s good learning for you (and me, I didn’t realise this) and for anyone else who has the issue and then finds the answer.

4 Likes

Whilst its not a bug I do think its a limitation of how Monzo works.

In my opinion, would be much better if committed spending was moved into the spending section once the transaction has taken place.

3 Likes

Yep definitely agree with this.

Think it’s very odd to have these two numbers, and not have an actual unified X spent in summary.

2 Likes